An established, independently owned SME company in Newport are recruiting for a Financial Controller.
The company have strong links with the local area and have a trusted name in their industry. The company turnover is c.£15m and continuing to grow. This role reports to the Managing Director and will have significant authority for the future of the business.
Financial Controller job description
- Manage the finance team and all accounting operations.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of year end accounts and supporting schedules, liaison with external auditors.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Miscellaneous company administration including insurance, utilities, IT etc.
- Management and preparation of monthly payroll.
- Responsibility for ensuring business is compliant with all tax and other financial legislation.
- Building relationships with non-finance stakeholders within the business offering a finance perspective on operations and issues where appropriate.
- Review and develop financial systems.
Financial Controller person specification
- Experience of implementing financial controls, processes and reporting.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- A hands-on approach, well organised with an attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical accounting with some IT skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
An opportunity to join a reputable SME business as the most senior finance individual. Applicants will have sharp commercial awareness as well being able to lead a team.
If this role is not quite right for you but you know someone who might be suitable, be sure to use our £250 Candidate Referral Scheme.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment is acting as a Finance Recruitment Agency.