Financial Modeller /Analyst - Onshore Wind Energy (Edinburgh, UK)
We have a great opportunity for a Financial Analyst to work with our client, an onshore wind energy company based in Edinburgh. This is an ongoing contracting role with the potential for permanency, offering a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of renewables projects in onshore wind.
Skill and experience required for the Financial Analyst position:
- Support the UK CEO and directors in managing the development of renewables projects, with a primary focus on wind repowering, windfarm extensions, greenfield projects, battery storage, and hydrogen initiatives.
- Provide commercial and financial input to acquisitions and partnership proposals.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive financial models for projects, ensuring accuracy and relevance of all assumptions.
- Conduct scenario modelling for changes in assumptions, assessing financial risk, issues, and opportunities at early project stages.
- Assess prospective projects, identifying and appraising financial risks and opportunities.
- Determine the financial viability of projects from initial appraisal through to operational phases.
- Take responsibility for the bankable financial model for specific projects during acquisition or sale, contributing to due diligence processes.
- Provide monthly reports to the CEO on the financial position of projects, including forecast changes based on modelling assumptions.
- Stay updated on changes in the UK energy market, providing insights and advising on market outlook through thorough market analysis.
- Collaborate with energy partners, technical, planning, and grid teams to update project development cashflows, milestone timelines, and grid cost inputs for financial models.
How to Apply:
- Previous experience in financial analysis within the UK onshore wind energy sector is essential.
- Proactive and adaptable, with the ability to work collaboratively in a small team.
- In-depth understanding of the UK renewables energy market.
- Strong report writing, communication, and project management skills.
If you are a passionate Financial Analyst with a background in onshore wind energy and a desire to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to apply.
Please submit your current CV or register and apply via our FINTEC recruit web site