An exciting and vibrant food-based company in Welwyn Garden City are looking for a Credit Controller to join their sizeable finance team.
This is a pivotal role within the business where you will be providing support within the accounts receivable function. The company encourage development and progression and they are very passionate about what they do!
Whats in it for you?
Up to £32k, OTE £32,400-£32,900k with bonus
- Hours:Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm
- Holiday:20 days annual leave, rising by 1 every year up to a max of 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Bonus Scheme, free parking, discounted products, life Assurance, Employee Assistance Program, providing confidential advice, counselling and support, 3 Wellness Days to use throughout the year after 12 months
Key Responsibilities for the Credit Controller:
- Locate and notify customers with delinquent accounts via phone, post, or email.
- Take incoming calls from clients to resolve account queries and advise clients on necessary payments
- Take incoming calls from drivers and update client accounts
- Use initiative to decide whether clients previous debt history warrants delivery validation
- Routine and general administrative functions, e.g., mailing, filing, scanning and general maintenance of records pertinent to the receivables ledger function
- Run statements, cash sheets and reports and use to prioritise which client debts to follow up
- Update account notes
- Check Credit Held orders and release orders in line with protocols in time for scheduled delivery
- Allocations and reconciliation of all receipted payments
- Raise Credit Notes when authorised following audit guidelines, upload Invoices via portal for required customers and utilise customer portals for query resolution and document retrieval
- Liaise with Account Managers to ensure debt management and collection of outstanding funds
- Ensure compliance with procedures and protocols
- Maintain targeted collections and update Credit Manager on working status
For this Credit Controller role the employer is looking for:
- At least 3 years within a similar credit control position
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload with good attention to detail
- Time management
If you are interested in this Credit Controller role, please apply today!
Red Door Recruitment is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Full details available on our website.
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.