We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know. About Cleo
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.Our Team
We are looking for a Strategic Finance Associate
to join our growing world class, data-driven, and tech-focused Strategic Finance function. This will be the fifth member of our small but mighty team including our CFO and Head of Strategic Finance, as well as a wider team focused on FP&A and Capital Markets. What you’ll be doing
You’ll help with and eventually lead various strategic and commercial analysis as part of a high-impact team focused on delivering critical financial insight and results. You’ll help the company improve decision making, processes, and operations as we continue to scale rapidly toward our Series D and beyond.
The Strategic Finance Associate
is expected to work closely within our Strategic Finance team, as well as collaborate with colleagues across the wider Finance, Commercial, & Product teams to drive enhancements to our analytical and financial capabilities, reporting, and decision making. Some of the things you'll get involved with:
What are we looking for?
- Working with the Finance, Data, Growth, and Commercial teams to develop various analysis including forecasting, cohort modeling, scenario planning, variance tracking, and other ad hoc financial analysis to support company-wide strategic decision making
- Contributing to board materials, fundraising materials, and other external reporting to advise investors and other key strategic partners
- Supporting equity and debt fundraising activities in the lead up to our future Series D, including engaging with external stakeholders such as banks and other partners
- Assisting with the Finance team’s monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting processes
- Conducting competitor analysis benchmarking, comparable analysis, and market research
- Regular reporting on key metrics to senior management & the Board, and supporting our Investor Relations and external business performance communications strategy
- Leading projects to develop & future-proof the Finance function by exploring new tools and ways to automate manual processes
Nice to have:
- 3+ years of experience in strategic / corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, consulting, or venture capital
- A get sh*t done mindset; you’re able and excited to conceive of projects independently and deliver at pace with limited resources
- Demonstrated problem-solving & analytical capabilities and the ability to develop creative solutions for challenging, open-ended problems - even with no prior background in the subject matter
- Strong financial modeling skills - ad hoc analysis and building & maintaining complex models using large data sets should come naturally
- Comfort creating and presenting materials to an executive audience - proven ability to communicate key takeaways to cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- A deep understanding of equity and debt capital markets, financing structures and transactions
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A passion or previous experience in the Fintech sector, especially high-growth startups or business models with a lending component
- Experience working for a Global company across different time zones (you’ll be working with both a North American & UK team every day)
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with reviews every 6 months. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is level 3 and we can pay CA$90-130k or US$86-112k p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We work to live, we don’t live to work. Cleo works with everyone on our team to ensure that they have the balance they need to reach their full potential.
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. Our US team works fully remotely, but we host virtual socials and an annual company offsite in Europe with all expenses paid.
- Other benefits;
- 15 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 401k matching
- Medical Insurance, Dental and Vision care
- Generous Parental Leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!