Requisition ID: 191810
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.Duration:
Mid June - August 2024 (10 weeks)
London, England Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognised for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange, and precious metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group. Is this role right for you?
An exciting opportunity to join the London-based Operations team of a Canadian Bank for 10 weeks during summer 2024. The Global Wholesale Operations (GWO) Summer Internship is rotational and focuses on Operations Control which covers Reconciliations, Management Information, Regulatory Reporting, Service Level Agreement oversight/monitoring and Operational Risk. What will my responsibilities look like?
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you:
- Deliver the daily reporting requirements of Operations Controls to our global stakeholder community.
- Complete the daily exception management process for our time critical regulatory reporting obligations.
- Complete the daily accounting reconciliations with a view to eliminating issues at root cause to stop breaks of a similar nature reappearing.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies or enhancing controls within the Operations Control Team.
- Prepare documentation for committee meetings and attend said meetings and assist in creating the committee minutes.
- Understand how the Operations Control team plays a part in all GWO utilities.
- Spend time with Middle Office, Onboarding and Settlement and Clearing to understand the broader GWO landscape.
How to apply:
- Are a penultimate year undergraduate student
- Can demonstrate basic understanding of Investment Banking with a passion for operations
- Exhibit sound judgement to detect, solve, or escalate problems efficiently and effectively
- Possess strong attention to detail, communication, and analytical skills as well as being a team player
- Are confident operating effectively with changing priorities and tight time frames
You must apply via the Scotiabank career portal and complete all steps outlined below to be considered for this position. Fill out an application by clicking the “Apply” buttonSubmit your CV when prompted (please note a cover letter is not required)Successful applicants will be contacted regarding next steps, which will be formed of two interviews with members of the Global Wholesale Operations team
Summer Internship applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accessibility accommodations during the recruitment, selection, and/or onboarding processes, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs. We value the unique skills and experiences everyone brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Accommodations (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, or Assistive Technology) at any stage
Location(s): England : Greater London : London
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.