Requisition ID: 191842
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.Duration:
Mid June - August 2024 (10 weeks)
London, England Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognised for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange, and precious metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group. Is this role right for you?
An exciting opportunity to join the London-based Audit team of a Canadian Bank for 10 weeks during summer 2024. The Audit Summer Internship is rotational and offers experience across the different areas within the Audit department of an Investment Bank allowing you to deepen your understanding of how an Investment Bank's Audit function works and learning what it takes to be a trusted business partner. What will my responsibilities look like?
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you:
- Assist in executing assigned audit programs under the direction of the Team Officer in Charge (OIC) including evaluating design and operation effectiveness of internal controls.
- Ensure audit results are gathered and assess the impact of the findings on the internal control framework. This would include preparing audit findings for presentation and confirmation with management and discussion of the root cause with the OIC.
- Assist with audit reporting to ensure audit reports are written to a consistent high standard and are finalised within established department metrics and in accordance with the Group Audit Methodology.
- Assist in special projects as assigned including investigations and other special projects that Audit may be requested to perform by management.
- Assist the OIC and other audit team members on a variety of audit tasks.
- Ensure Scotiabank standards and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Code of Ethics are maintained in completion of all assignments.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
How to apply:
- Are a penultimate year undergraduate student
- Have a basic understanding of banking operations and regulatory environment
- Posses good analytical skills and proficiency in the use of data analytics or visualisation tools
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and looking to work as part of a diverse and inclusive team
You must apply via the Scotiabank career portal and complete all steps outlined below to be considered for this position. Fill out an application by clicking the “Apply” buttonSubmit your CV when prompted (please note a cover letter is not required)Successful applicants will be contacted regarding next steps, which will be formed of two interviews with members of the Audit team
Summer Internship applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accessibility accommodations during the recruitment, selection, and/or onboarding processes, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs. We value the unique skills and experiences everyone brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Accommodations (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, or Assistive Technology) at any stage.
Location(s): England : Greater London : London
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.