Pricing Manager Salary £70-80,000 dependent on experience Permanent FT - 35 hours per week Hybrid - Home and London Hub
In this role, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to optimise pricing strategies across our extensive product portfolio whilst working for our unique customer demographic. You will be managing Saga’s street pricing to support the delivery of the insurance strategy and customer outcomes as well as contributing to the achievement of the overall P&L for Saga Services.
We are looking for an experienced pricing expert who has a proven track record of management, developing innovative solutions to continuously improve Saga Services pricing capabilities and taking responsibility for trading performance.
You will bring an understanding of the drivers of best-in-class street pricing and commercial success in a Personal Lines insurance business and implement innovative and new approaches to generate value. You will be working closely with the Head of Pricing & Projects to strongly influence and shape the strategy and pricing policies to ensure business objectives are met over a 5-year horizon.
Leading a team of 3 and being part of the Pricing and Projects team of 15, you will work closely with the wider business to use your pricing expertise to support key aspects of the group's strategy and key shareholder objectives. If you are looking for a role with a wide variety of work and opportunities for development, we would love to hear from you.Package Description
Everyday our colleagues deliver exceptional experiences to our customers. We believe exceptional work deserves even more exceptional rewards, that's why we have put together an amazing benefits package for all colleagues.
We offer total flexibility over where you work you choose a place that you feel most comfortable and productive, either from home or in one of our hubs in London, Ashford or Sandwich. BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO ALL COLLEAGUES:
- Our working week is 35 hours per week, these can be worked flexibly to suit your working style
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Option to purchase additional leave up to 5 extra days
- Pension scheme matched up to 10%
- Life assurance policy on joining us
- Wellbeing programme
- Colleague discounts including family discounts on cruises and holidays
- Range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Grandparents leave
- Company performance related annual bonus - Up to 5%
- Income protection
- Access to Saga Academy, our bespoke learning platform
As our new Pricing Manager, you will be accountable for the following areas:
The Ideal Candidate
- Managing the trading performance to ensure that revenue and policy volume targets are met over the short-term and over a 5-year horizon.
- Supporting the Head of Pricing & Projects by strongly influencing and shaping the team’s priorities, resourcing, strategy, pricing policies and direction.
- Proactively use data to identify areas of opportunity to drive commercial value and competitive advantage, delivering profitable growth for Saga’s insurance business.
- Model, interpret and monitor business data to identify and confirm market trends.
- Provide subject matter expert support to various business areas.
- Represent the needs of the pricing department in business change programmes as required.
- Take a leading role in the development of pricing models utilising Emblem, Radar, and other software tools.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, pricing fairness rules and data usage policies.
As our new Pricing Manager, we require personal lines experience within one of our core 4 products: Motor, Home, Travel and Private Medical. Other industry experience would include:
About The Company
- Detailed knowledge of General Insurance pricing processes and methodologies.
- Mastery of price modelling with GLMs.
- Strong numerical and statistical capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills.
- Possesses strong team coaching/management abilities and actively motivates others to win.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and self-motivated.
- Strong organisational skills, e.g. time management, documentation etc.
- Knowledge of modelling software, such as Radar, Emblem, or similar systems.
- Experienced in some programming languages such as SQL, R and Python.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to pricing.
Over the past 70 years we have become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic, recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
At Saga we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement. We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better.
Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity. We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required. For more information on our DEI policies please visit our Saga Careers page. Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the Talent Acquisition Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga will not be responsible for any fees related to CVs received in this unsolicited manner.