Working pattern: Hybrid in London 2/3 days per weekDuration: Till end of September 2023Working hours: 9:30am-5:30pm - with potential later calls with US teams
As a global payment system, Visa maintains global Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) and Sanctions Programs, established under formalized policies and procedures. This position is a manager role to support the Regional AML team in overseeing and ensuring the effective execution of AML, ATF and Sanctions related activities across Europe. Based in London, the role reports into the Europe AML Lead.
This is an Ethics and Compliance Manager
role and an excellent opportunity for individuals with interest in compliance to join our dynamic team. We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious self-starter ready for a new challenge.Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Regional AML SME and the team with the execution of Visa's AML/ATF and Sanctions Programs for Europe based clients and countries consistent with Visa's Global AML/ATF and Sanctions policies and procedures.
- Conduct AML/ATF assessments of new products and services to identify and mitigate inherent AML, ATF and Sanctions risks.
- Support investigations and onsite client reviews conducted by Visa as part of enhanced due diligence activities.
- Work closely with Regional Ethics & Compliance Officers (RECO), clients and business stakeholders to ensure necessary client due diligence, product and case information is requested, received, and assessed in a timely manner with a high degree of quality.
- Support delivery of training and outreach to RECOs, Country Managers, Business Development Managers and Product teams to continually educate staff on AML/ATF and sanctions risks, issues, processes, and controls.
- Participate in the ongoing enhancement and development of the Global AML/ATF and Sanctions policies and procedures as necessary to ensure changes in the regulatory and the business environment are addressed.
- Report periodically on program status and escalate issues to senior management.
- Some travel and cross-regional engagement may be required.
Majority of our time is spent directly facing the business / clients though investigations, due diligence, interviews and research. Strong stakeholder management, attention to detail and confidence to ask challenging questions are critical for this role in addition to:
Experience and qualifications:
- Positive, approachable personality, maintaining a calm and confident manner
- Commitment, energy, drive, and enthusiasm in tackling demanding tasks
- Ability to build positive personal and organisational relationships within the team and wider business
- Credible communications skills, ability to explain information in an uncomplicated way
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects/ initiatives to conclusion through multi-functional teams
- AML, Compliance related certification with ICA or CAMS would be an advantage and highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years professional experience
- Working knowledge of financial crime compliance, anti-money laundering in payments sector
- Good understanding of financial crime risks associated with cryptocurrencies
- Previous experience from payments acquiring and/or card issuing highly desirable