iMultiply are working with a leading land developer based in Glasgow City Centre to recruit an Assistant Accountant. The role is a permanent position in a modern and vibrant office, working with a friendly and supportive team. The Company
This business has a history going back more than 50 years, owning over 900 acres of land across the UK. They have a great deal of cross sector experience, helping to develop homes, offices and shopping centres amongst other exciting projects. With shareholders having daily involvement in company proceedings, decision making is fast, well informed and definitive. The Role
With a key philosophy of providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, you will provide accounting and processing support for the UK and European businesses, ensuring that accounting entries and invoices are processed accurately and punctually. You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Weekly bank reconciliations for all companies
- Weekly/monthly supplier & subcontractor payments
- Process bank payments & receipts
- Monthly & quarterly VAT returns
- Monthly CIS returns
- Prepare monthly acrual & prepayment schedules
- Prepare monthly fixed asset/depreciation schedules
- Process monthly journals
- Monthly reconciliation of debtors/creditors/subcontractors & closing ledgers
- Monthly management accounts
- Monthly cost monitoring reports & liaison with project managers
- Daily monitoring of bank balances
- Holiday cover for supplier invoice registering/posting
- Subcontractor invoice posting
- Dealing with supplier queries & statements
- Payroll processing - currently outsourced but may bring back in house
- Assisisting project managers with reporting & cash flow
- Cash management
- Processing monthly credit card expenses
- Assist with preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Assist with the audit process
- Assist development of new systems & reporting
- Ideally suited to someone with experience of handling the accounts for multiple clients, with a well rounded financial experience
- A minimum of 2 years practical finance experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience using accounting softwares is preferential.
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The role will offer a salary between £30,000 - £35,000 including an excellent benefits package which includes pension, private healthcare, life insurance, ample holidays and a Cycle to Work scheme. The role is office based 4 days a week with a day to work from home on Fridays.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic.