Wasserman is a global leader in sports, music, entertainment and culture. Founded in 2002, Wasserman represents many of the world’s most iconic sports and entertainment figures, musical artists, brands and properties, empowering them to shape culture and captivate audiences worldwide.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman operates globally across 27 countries and more than 62 cities, including New York, London, Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Madrid, Mexico City, Toronto, Paris and Sydney. For more information, please visit www.teamwass.com.
We are currently looking for a Group Financial Reporting Manager to join us on a Contract basis (9 Months). Your primary responsibility will be to oversee and manage the year-end audit process, including the preparation of consolidated accounts for the organization. Additionally, you will play a key role in assisting with the month-end close and reconciliation processes. Given the recent acquisition of a significant media group, this role will also involve actively supporting the Senior Financial Controller with the integration process. You will be a critical figure in ensuring financial compliance, accuracy, and transparency during this crucial phase of organizational growth.
Year-end audit process
- Coordinate and manage the annual group, UK and EMEA audits ensuring deadlines are achieved and a high standard of working papers and supporting documentation provided
- Serve as the primary point of contact for external auditors, facilitating a smooth and efficient audit process.
- Coordinate with internal departments to gather relevant financial information and documentation required for the audit.
- Lead the preparation and review of consolidated financial statements, ensuring accurate consolidation of financial data from multiple entities, subsidiaries, or business units. Verify compliance with relevant accounting standards and provide consolidated reports to auditors.
- Ownership of the statutory reporting books and associated reconciliations.
Month-End Close and Reconciliation
- Lead and coordinate the reconciliation of key accounts, identifying and resolving discrepancies promptly. Ensure that balance sheet accounts, income statements, and other financial reports are reconciled
- Develop and implement a well-defined month-end close schedule to ensure the accurate and timely recording of financial transactions. Collaborate with the accounting team to establish clear deadlines for each step in the process
- Oversee the month-end close process to guarantee the accuracy and completeness of financial data
- Provide the Senior Financial Controller the support to facilitate the integration of financial processes and systems following the recent acquisition
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Experience of managing and supervising an accounting team, including setting objectives and conducting annual appraisals
- Ability to multi-task effectively without losing quality
- Experience working in a multi-national company
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications specifically with Excel. Ideally Pivot tables & VLOOKUPs.
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- 25 days per annum plus UK bank holidays, and additional DE&I days
- Hybrid Working
- Pension: 5% employee // employer contribution with Aviva
- Income Protection: Pays you 75% of your base salary in the event that you are absent from work due to illness or injury for 13 consecutive weeks or more, capped at 5 years
- Life Assurance: Pays your nominated beneficiary four times your base salary in the event of your death whilst employed by the Company
- Employee Assistance Programme (Wellbeing support for you and family living with you // free legal and financial advice, including telephone and potentially in person counselling)
- Season Ticket Loan
Optional benefits (post probation)
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa OR Health Cash back plan which provides you with reimbursements for everyday medical costs including dental, optical, prescriptions & physical therapies
- Season Ticket Loan: An interest free loan for the purpose of purchasing an annual season ticket for travel between home and work
- Cycle to work scheme: A one year hire agreement for a cycle and accessories worth up to £2,000, done via salary sacrifice with an option to purchase cycle at the end of the agreement
- Gym Flex: An interest free loan for the purpose of purchasing an annual Gym membership, providing a low corporate discounts at over 3,700 gyms, studios and outdoor fitness events