£22,681 plus benefits
We are delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Finance Assistant
to join our global Finance Team at Mary’s Meals International. Reporting to our Finance Manager, you will be the first point of contact for all colleague and supplier enquiries, from across the Mary’s Meals Network. In this busy, varied role you will have responsibility for recording financial transactions, administering the purchase ledger and implementing the financial controls of the organisation. Key duties:
We are looking for:
- Daily recording of income and expenditure in an accurate and timely manner, including correctly recording the coding and analysis of costs.
- Administer the purchase ledger, ensuring appropriate approval and accurate and timely recording of purchase orders, invoices, bank and credit card payments.
- Act as the principle point of contact for queries on purchase orders, invoices, expenses, and payments.
- Support the Finance Manager in the performance of financial control reviews for MMI to ensure good stewardship of funds.
- Support the Finance Manager in the development and implementation of standardised financial policies and procedures at MMI.
- Experience of managing a varied workload within a busy finance team.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Strong numeracy skills, with experience of manipulating data in Excel and utilising accounting systems.
- Robust IT skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proven purchase ledger experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working in an international environment would be beneficial but not essential.
We have a remote-first approach to work and are happy for you to work remotely and flexibly, in a way that best supports your work-life balance. We also have an office near Glasgow city centre for those who live nearby and would like to work from here occasionally or on a regular basis.
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal - that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 2.4 million children who today will receive a Mary’s Meals. We are a values driven movement and believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, Mary’s Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.
Mary’s Meals is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work and we expect all the Mary's Meals family to share this commitment and work in the best interest of the communities we serve. Our safe recruitment practices ensure that only those that are committed to our high standards join our movement.How to apply:
If you would love to use your skills, talents and experience to be part of positive change in the world, we would love to hear from you.
Please click Apply to submit your CV and a short covering note, telling us why you want to work with Mary’s Meals, and why this role is a great fit for you. Closing date: Wednesday 14th February
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Finance Assistant JD
Applicant Privacy Statement Benefits
- 8% non-contributory pension contribution - after 3 months (for international candidates the 8% pension contribution will be paid as a part of salary)
- 34 days annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing by 1 day each completed calendar year, to a maximum of 39 days (+ option to buy another week)
- Flexible working
- Lifeworks Employee Assistance Programme, including perks and cash back opportunities
- Life assurance