12 Month Contract
A balance of home and office working in Elland
Our vision is to Create Better Spaces and Futures for Everyone; Socially, Environmentally and Economically. For us, these aren’t words on paper. This is our powerful and purposeful statement that guides our actions and ignites a passion in every one of us. We’ve been paving the way since 1890. Our passion for our products and customers has made us a Superbrand that is synonymous with quality; supplying prestigious landmarks such as Trafalgar Square, while also caring for the environment and communities in which we operate.
What is the role?
The role is for a 12-month period, to cover an impending Maternity Leave.
As a Financial Account, you will sit within our Head Office Group Finance function. It’s a pivotal role, which involves a varied workload and has a big impact. You’ll be a key player in the preparation of consolidated financial reports for our Board and Executive Management, and ensure the ongoing integrity of the Group’s financial control environment. Day to day that will include:
- Annual and interim report production (financial accounting and IFRS disclosures)
- Group financial audit - maintaining regular contact with external Auditor and key internal personnel
- Monthly Board report papers and consolidation workings (include full P&L and business unit reporting, group balance sheet and group cash flow statements - review and analysis of monthly results). A range of other reports include monthly flash sales and net bank position
- Group financial accounting - monthly reconciliations and journals
- Provision of information to our outsourced tax partner and working to resolve queries raised
- Ongoing “technical and regulatory” accounting and reporting compliance
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance of the head office accounting records and schedules
- Oversee the head office budget process
- Subsidiary statutory accounts preparation
- Control role for ONS reporting and returns
- Authorisation responsibilities in relation to bank transactions and payments
There is plenty of scope to develop your own ideas and identify efficiency risks and opportunities. This job also gives you a great platform to provide mentoring and support to others who are studying and developing their career. What skills are required?
- Newly qualified, “financial accounting” qualifications (eg. Member of ICAEW, ACCA or similar)
- Good technical knowledge of IFRS and financial reporting
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail - including advanced excel spreadsheet skills
- The ability to communicate really well with stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organised with a structured approach
- A positive and committed attitude
- The ability to shoulder responsibility and motivate those around you
- In addition, it would be greatif you trained in a major financial / accountancy firm
You need to be based within a commutable distance from our Head Office in Elland, West Yorkshire,
and commit to working 2 days from the office on a weekly basis.
What will you get?
We recognise the need to invest in our workforce and that our most important asset is our people. You will get a competitive salary with opportunities to develop.Additional benefits include;
26 days holiday + bank holidays
37.5 hours with a balance of home and office working
Study support as required
Health care cash plan
Eye care scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Employee discount on products
Marshalls Wellbeing Centre
EE mobile phone discount - friends and family
Share purchase scheme
Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption pay and leave
5% employer matched pension scheme Equal Opportunities
Whoever you are and whatever your background, at Marshalls you’ll find a fair and supportive workplace. You are unique and we want you to bring every part of who you are to work, every day. We’re committed to ensuring equal opportunities for everyone. To us, this is more than a legal, moral, or ethical necessity - it’s the right thing to do! We call this doing business The Marshalls Way. We want our team to reflect the diverse nature of society and the communities we serve. Marshalls is a workplace where you are valued for the contribution you make, and where you can grow and develop by being entirely yourself!
We’re really excited about the potential of this opportunity. If you’re looking for a move from Practise, and would like to challenge yourself in a new environment then we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 21 February 2024