CY Executive Resourcing are delighted to partner with Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Trust (HPFT), in the search for their new Head of Financial Services.
HPFT are an exceptional organisation with big ambitions, their aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country. With a workforce of around 3,500 people and an annual income of circa £430million, the Trust provides integrated health and social care services through a network of community and inpatient settings, serving diverse communities across Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire and Norfolk. There has never been a more exciting time to join HPFT in the role of Head of Financial Services. Following their CQC rating of Outstanding they continue to innovate, improve, transform and ultimately deliver the very highest standards of care to the service users and communities they serve.
The position of Head of Financial Services is an integral part of the department, being responsible in coordinating the Trusts transactional services and financial control activities, providing support to the Financial Controller and Deputy Director of Finance. The Head of Financial Services will act at a senior corporate level of responsibility within the Trust and act as Deputy to the Financial Controller as necessary. Due to the organisational size and team structure; your breadth of responsibilities in a financial capacity will be quite broad, co-ordinating and performance managing against a wide range of financial targets and assurance processes well in access of those at much larger organisations. Stakeholder engagement is a key aspect of the role of Head of Financial Services. You will develop strong relationships with other senior managers, creating a culture of shared responsibility for financial issues and will be able to advise, influence and resolve.
* Take lead responsibility in co-ordinating the Trust’s transactional services and financial control activities, providing support to the Financial Controller and Deputy Director of Finance.
* Act at a senior corporate level of responsibility within the Trust and act as Deputy to the Financial Controller as necessary.
* Lead responsibility for the Annual Accounts submission and process including liaison with auditors and with the Company Secretary on finance aspects of production of the Annual Report.
* Lead responsibility for co-ordinating, managing and delivering all statutory and NHSE-mandated finance reporting on a timely basis, whether regular or ad hoc. To explicitly (but not necessarily exclusively) include monthly PFR submissions and returns to the ICB.
* Interpret national finance guidance/policy/legislation including accounting standards and advise the organisation on how to take forward implementation or action.
* Oversee and proactively contract manage the Trust’s outsourced financial services including (but not exclusively) the main Shared Financial Services (currently ELFS, and including Advanced Finance System/Ledger), payroll and procurement.
* Lead responsibility for the production of Trust Charitable funds year end accounts.
* Lead for the Trust’s Cash Flow and Statement of Financial Position, monthly cashflow and working capital reports, VAT reporting and liaison with Trust’s VAT advisers, property valuation and financial support and advice to business cases or service developments.
* Responsible for effective management and organisation of the work of the team, ensuring that all deadlines are met and any issues escalated at an early stage.
* Provide advice to both finance and non-finance staff, budget holders, and senior managers, being solution-focused and also ensuring the Trust’s Standing Financial Instructions are followed at all times.
Qualifications and Experience;
* Fully qualified CCAB or CIMA with full membership and evidence of up-to-date continuing professional development.
* Experience of leading Year End Financial Accounts.
* Experience in Technical Accounting.
* NHS experience is a must at some point in your career, however other public sector experience is welcomed leading year end.
This is an exciting proposition for someone looking to advance their career towards that of Financial Controller. For further information, please contact Chrisi Martin at CY Executive Resourcing