Role: FTC Payroll Consultant
Job Type: Fixed-Term Contract (6 months)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Ready to utilise your experience to deliver high-quality payroll output?
Are you abreast of payroll legislative requirements and best practices?
We have an exciting role for you as a Payroll Consultant!
Careers at TCS: It means more
TCS is a purpose-led transformation company, built on belief. We do not just help businesses to transform through technology. We support them in making a meaningful difference to the people and communities they serve - our clients include some of the biggest brands in the UK and worldwide. For you, it means more to make an impact that matters, through challenging projects which demand ambitious innovation and thought leadership.
* Be part of an exciting team where you will be challenged every day.
* Work closely with the range of teams within the business to solve complex issues.
* Work with internal and external stakeholders to co-ordinate development and implementation of efficiencies.
As a Payroll Consultant, you will be engaging with existing systems development to support testing and release of changes, updating internal team members on changes, and updating supporting process documents. You will be responsible for identifying and delivering continuous improvements to the payroll process and the HR feeds to those processes, working with stakeholders to co-ordinate.
* The purpose of this role is to work as a member of a single on/offshore payroll team
* To provide a high quality payroll output within agreed SLA’s & KPI’s
* To be a readily accessible specialist on payroll topics within TCS HRO
* To keep abreast of payroll legislative requirements and best practices
* To co-ordinate the regular payroll feeds to the Payroll system
* To train new joiners to the team building to competency on all tasks
* To support internal or strategic projects and “ad-hoc” tasks
* To deliver continuous improvement
* Strong MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint (Desirable), Visio (Desirable)
* Payroll / HR systems (SAP Payroll desirable)
* In depth knowledge of UK payroll legislation, including PAYE, National Insurance, Statutory payments, Student Loans, AEO’s etc.
* Understanding of basic accounting principles in support of finance reconciliation
Rewards & Benefits
TCS is consistently voted a Top Employer in the UK and globally. Our competitive salary packages feature pension, health care, life assurance, laptop, phone, access to extensive training resources and discounts within the larger Tata network.
Diversity, Inclusion & Wellbeing
At TCS, we believe in building and sustaining a culture of equity and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our diversity motto is “Inclusion without Exception”.
You’ll find a welcoming culture and many internal volunteering and social networks to join. Our diversity, inclusion and social activities include LGBTQ+ and mental health networks, as well as health and wellness initiatives and sports events (we even sponsor the London Marathon). We are open to all and treat applications equally, regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, or beliefs.
If you are an applicant who needs any accommodation due to a disability to complete an employment application, or during any phase of the hiring process, please contact with the subject line: “Disability Accommodation Request”.
Due to high volume of applications, we will be unable to contact each applicant individually on the status of their application. If you have not received a direct response within 30 days, then it should be deemed unsuccessful on this occasion.
Join us and do more of what matters. Apply online now