The EMEA Senior Accountant is responsible for the accounting processes and controls for our EMEA Advisory Close and Oversight team, reporting into the EMEA Reporting Lead. This includes posting journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, on time and accurate close cycle, and reporting. The role is heavily focused on month end reporting and close process management. Responsibility for ensuring all SOX controls, processes and accounting policies are adhered to for the Corporate. The role also works with the shared services centre to oversee and ensure all transactions are accounted for and processed correctly, and partners with the other country finance teams on allocations and intercompany transactions.
• Manage the consolidation process to ensure key information is provided to our internal and external stakeholders in accordance with agreed timetable.
• Assist in preparation of consolidated Balance Sheet Flux, Completion Memo, NON-GAAP memo and support orporate reporting.
• Oversee close task submission to One Stream.
• Prepare and process Top Side journal entries in One Stream, if required.
• Oversee submission of accounts reconciliations and Close Task in Cadency.
• Ensure Compliance with accounting standards and regulations and implement best practices to enhance the consolidation process.
• Participate in internal and external audit process, providing necessary documentation and explanations to support the audit process.
• Assist in the implementation and improvements of financial reporting systems and tools.
• Support technical accounting analysis
• Close collaboration with Business Finance, Local Finance, Corporate and SOX control team
• Support IC accountant on overseeing the Intercompany mismatches process in One Stream.
• Maintain focus on strong internal controls and develop further the Group Reporting department's processes to ensure consistent compliance with best practice.
• Ensure all close responsibilities and checklists are completed each month.
• Continuous Process Improvements on tasks perform by Close and Oversight Team.
• Support EMEA Reporting Lead on projects, e.g. implementation of a new accounting system, acquisition, ICO project.
• Assisting the Finance Manager / FC / FD with any other Ad Hoc queries
• Qualified financial accountant (ACCA, ACA or Equivalent)
• Must have minimum 3 years' experience in reporting, accounting ledgers, balance sheet reconciliations and controls.
• Strong excel skills, with the ability to create sophisticated working schedules to improve work efficiency.
• Accurate and strong attention to detail. Methodical in approach.
• Experienced in regular use of financial systems (Peoplesoft, TM1, Cadency and One Stream experience is an advantage).
• International or EMEA experience with the ability to communicate and influence teams across the region - strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, effectively manage and prioritise activities.
• Ability to analyse financial information and communicate this to relevant stakeholders.
• Ability to present information to the EMEA Group Reporting Lead.
• Ability to provide timely and accurate financial information.
• Driven and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Team player.
• Able to hold themselves accountable for the quality of the accounting.
• Inquisitive with the ability to challenge processes for efficiency and accuracy.
• SOX and US GAAP experience is an advantage.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.