Group Accounting and Reporting Manager
About The Role
You will be responsible for supporting the preparation of the interim and annual report, supporting the preparation of subsidiary statutory accounts and ensuring the successful delivery of the external audit & developing a strong relationship with audit team.
- Reporting into the Head of Group Accounting and Reporting as part of a specialist finance team, you will have responsibility of engaging with key stakeholders in finance and the business as a whole. You will also be one of the key points of contact with the external audit team.
- Advise internal stakeholders (both finance and non-finance) on the accounting impacts of a variety of complex transactions and be able to prepare clear and concise accounting papers for external audit.
- Oversee the interim accounts, annual report and subsidiary statutory accounts production processes ensuring accuracy and all disclosures are aligned to the requirements of accounting standards
- Be a key part of managing the external audit and key point of contact for the senior members of the audit team to ensure efficient delivery of the external audit.
- Manage ensuring accounting policies are relevant with the latest accounting standards and new accounting standards and refine or create policies where required.
- Understand strong financial controls and processes and be able to improve these and ensure these are aligned to the Groups accounting policies and are adhered to.
- You must be a qualified accountant and qualifying within a practice / audit environment will be hugely beneficial
- You will have strong experience of financial reporting
- Experience of technical accounting would also be a great advantage
- You will have worked in a large turnover business
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We're also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.