AlTi is the financial ideas company, delivering transformational solutions that create enduring value. We are a global wealth and asset manager, in the business of turning powerful ideas into high-performing strategies and solutions. Our clients are UHNW individuals and families, institutions, foundations, and family-led businesses. We offer a connected ecosystem of advice, solutions, and unique investment opportunities from across our global network. AlTi has over 400 employees and assets under advisement of $65 billion with access to substantial capital for further investments.
We are passionate about finding better ways to serve our clients. We approach problems with open-mindedness and a restless entrepreneurial spirit to deliver more for clients.
Our culture is rooted in curiosity. We support the unique qualities of each team member and the entrepreneurial spirit shared by all of us. We come from different backgrounds and offer different perspectives. We believe these differences make us better suited for a fast-changing world.
As a growing global firm with offices in ten countries on four continents, we are looking for talented individuals to expand our team. If you share our passion for ideas and commitment to excellence, we want you to join us.
To learn more visit alti-global.com.
We are looking for a Director to join our Investment Group in London. The Director will join a leading global impact investment practice, pursuing a leadership role that furthers our commitment to the European impact investing market. Through this strategic opportunity, we're seeking a curious, experienced, and well-networked investment professional to collaborate with our team and clients to source, research, and recommend high-conviction strategies, primarily in long-term market rate private investments for our global clients, while also leading development of our European catalytic offering, which will include facilitation of philanthropic, near-market and market rate investments. While this role is predominantly focused on driving impact investment research, this will be a multi-faceted leadership role with opportunities to support investment advisory, asset management, and/or business development, as experience warrants.
The ideal candidate will be expected to communicate effectively with outside investment managers, completing in-depth due diligence on impact investment strategies, and helping to shape the team's research agenda and pipeline in Europe in a way that elevates AlTi's European impact presence.
Due diligence must be formally presented to Senior Investment Team members clearly and succinctly in a group setting. Duties also include report writing and ongoing reviews of all pertinent information with respect to prospective and approved funds, co-investments, and direct investments. An important component of the role will be networking with potential partners and like-minded impact investors to build the team's pipeline of potential investment opportunities as well as supporting Advisors in communicating impact investment strategies to existing and prospective clients.
Ultimately, the ideal candidate will bring experience or familiarity with managers in climate sustainability and/or inclusive innovation, the two primary impact investment pillars at AlTi. Within climate, we're seeking to continue building our tracking and diligence of managers and funds focused on decarbonization technologies and strategies (resource efficiency, energy transition, artificial intelligence for climate mitigation and adaptation, etc.) and/or nature-based solutions (sustainable timber, regenerative agriculture, and ecosystem service markets). Within inclusive innovation, we're seeking candidates similarly knowledgeable of or keen to focus on access and affordability issues (affordable housing, quality healthcare, education technology, etc.) and promoting equitable capital flows toward emerging managers (diversity, equity, and inclusion).
- Partner with our Chief Impact Officer, Chief Investment Officer, and the Global Co-Leads of Impact, in advancing an Impact/ ESG offering in Europe, consistent with the leading processes and practices in place at AlTi. To accomplish this, the role will be primarily focused on investment research, with elements of investment advisory support, business development, and field building.
- Seek to grow and keep current a landscape of impact investment opportunities in Europe across the two broad impact themes where AlTi invests, climate sustainability and inclusive innovation, with primary emphasis on private investments.
- Conduct financial and impact related due diligence of existing and proposed investments in Europe, including market-based solutions to climate change that can lead to meaningful deep decarbonization strategies and equity solutions that lead to more inclusive prosperity and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Together with Impact Team, design, build, and manage a platform of European "catalytic" impact-first investment strategies. In many cases, these are emerging fund managers, entrepreneurs, and/or new economic models where a collaborative spirit is expected.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of manager attribution, decision-making, and impact in alignment with social and environmental megatrends (e.g., climate change, regenerative agriculture, social justice, racial equity, affordable housing, the creative economy, and so on).
- Collaborate with other members of the Investment Group on a variety of projects related to asset allocation, manager selection, shareholder engagement, risk management, and annual impact reporting.
- Attend manager meetings and conferences - build network of prospective fund managers, thought leaders, and peers within Europe, Scandinavia, and beyond.
- Assist European advisory teams in aligning client investment portfolios with impact investment opportunities approved on the AlTi platform. Present research and thought leadership to clients and prospects.
- Maintain leading knowledge base of the ever-changing landscape of impact management and measurement methodologies and frameworks (Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulations, UN Principles for Responsible Investing, Impact Reporting Investment Standards, UN Sustainable Development Goals, Impact Management Project, etc.).
- Support a client-centered, firm-facilitated process that contributes to convening European clients around impact investing - including generating ideas for educational webinars, collaborative investor due diligence and sourcing cohorts, and other forums created specifically for clients to share ideas, questions, successes, and challenges.
- Collaborate with the team, especially the Chief Impact Officer and Co-Leads of Impact, to build the AlTi brand internationally as a leading impact investing practice by supporting the Investment Group and Marketing Group with the creation of regionally tailored and locally relevant presentation materials (client content, prospect presentations, website content, etc.) for targeted audiences.
- Become a liaison to leadership of impact industry networks in Europe.
- Bachelor's degree with focus on economics, finance, business, or related areas
- Impact investment or related experience required
- Around 10 years financial experience
- Ability to analyze financial/investment-related data in Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills. Ability to write and present clearly with minimal editing/oversight is critical
- Ability to self-manage deadlines and projects with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to work within small and large groups
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
Applications are strongly encouraged from candidates reflecting diverse educational, cultural, and experiential backgrounds.