Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Overview of the Department/Section
- Corporate Banking Department (London) is a front office responsible for business development of customers located in United Kingdom and other demarcated countries in EMEA of which ultimate parents are Japanese Corporates.
- The Customer Consulting Team supports matters relating to customers' account maintenance (mandate forms), on-boarding and closure, day to day queries by supporting and collaborating with Relationship Managers
Number of Direct Reports
Main Purpose of the Role
- This role provides the full spectrum of administrative support to Relationships Managers and their Japanese corporate customer portfolios.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to customers and relationship manager for account maintenance matters including but not limited to complex mandate change, fee taking, account opening, closing, account and balance confirmation passing related queries and documentation to the relevant divisions in the bank.
- Liaise with colleagues from different global locations to solve matters related to customers.
- Act as a first level advisor to customers and internal colleagues, escalating complex issues to management as and when required.
- Review and update the team's procedures to be in line with the Global Standards /the UK practice collaborating with Global Operation Planning, Compliance & Legal teams and carry accountability for the appropriate level of sign off within the division ensuring that documents are appropriately actioned
- Translate broader business decisions into team objectives in order to drive change within the area of discipline.
- Represent the views of the team at internal meetings to share opinions and influence decisions where necessary
- Provide advice and guidance to junior staff concerning the bank's processes related to account maintenance matters to ensure the processes are compliant with relevant procedures. Oversee junior remembers work as and when required.
- Verify customer documentation (e.g. mandates, agreements, indemnity) for other teams (Planning, Operations and Transaction Banking) to process.
- Under manager's guidance, collate and analyse operational statistical data for the purpose of process improvement across the team.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across our division and other departments in EMEA and in Head Office to enable greater co-ordination of activities and aid collaborative working.
- Relevant industry experience
- Business Japanese language
- Customer facing corporate banking experience
Skills and Experience
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Fluent Business Japanese language skill
- Fluent English
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree Level and/or relevant industry expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritize work accordingly
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurized environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.