Senior Operations Manager
Department: Customer Operations
Employment Type: Permanent - Full Time Location:
Senior Customer Operations Manager
At Freetrade, we believe investing should be accessible to everyone. It's one of the best ways to grow your savings but, for many, it seems complicated, expensive, and out of reach.
We're here to change that.
We're a technology company that brings simple investing to everyone. We've built a beautiful app to buy and sell shares and ETFs in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
We're building a team with diverse and unique perspectives in order to help us on our mission to demystify investing.
Our goal is to help our customers achieve better, long-term financial outcomes.
In 2023, we'll be transforming our product, developing new features and introducing new products. In the UK, we now have over 1.4m registered users, offering a range of products like the Freetrade Pension, a stocks and shares ISA, and our premium plan, Freetrade Plus.
Our growth has all been possible because of the backing of a passionate group of over 15,000 crowdfunding investors. As we've scaled, we've also raised money from world-class growth investors including Left Lane Capital, Molten Ventures, and L Catterton.
We're looking for experienced Operations Managers to join our Customer Operations team and ensure we are able to provide a superb quality customer experience in an efficient and highly scalable way.
About the job
- Be responsible for operational activity within your area of responsibility - this may be customer service, customer administration, onboarding or first line financial crime.
- Work to reduce operational cost to serve
- Lead, manage, and motivate the your team
- You will place great importance in operations management process improvement
- Build and maintain appropriate MI frameworks to assess and report on team performance
- Ensure the quality of team activities, though a QA programme
- Make sure your team have the necessary training, and access to appropriate tools to be able to perform their work effectively
- Ensure accurate record keeping of activities at customer level e.g. recording contact / transactions
- Drive continual improvement of quality and efficiency of all team processes
- Minimise errors and complaints. Where errors do occur you will ensure lessons are learned, and communicated, and update our processes accordingly.
- Ensure customers and third parties are kept informed as needed
- Ensure customers receive a timely and satisfactory response to their queries
- Act as an escalation point for customers
- Have at least 5 years experience managing operational teams in Financial Services.
- Strong understanding of the UK retail investment market is highly desirable.
- Have excellent Excel/Sheets skills and be comfortable manipulating and analysing data, building reports and delivering presentations to senior management.
- Have experience of re-engineering processes and delivering low level automation to drive efficiency.
- Have a track record of coaching and developing junior staff
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Seek and provide constructive feedback
- Be resilient yourself and able to drive others to push themselves hard when needed
- Be commercially astute
- Be customer centric
- Be able to communicate effectively and directly
- Be keen to learn and grow
Benefits & interview logistics:
Logistics/ Interview process:
The interview process will include an initial zoom interview from our Talent team followed by a zoom interview with the hiring manager. Successful candidates will then be invited to present a task to an interview panel and sit a final round founders values based interview.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs.