Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We're the world's largest independent renewable energy company. We're driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we're tackling some of the world's toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They're our most important asset so that's why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they're at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make a difference somewhere else.
The AM Finance department has grown massively and is now managing over 150+ Companies and a team size of 21 across 10 clients. We are expecting to get significant growth and generally, the time that's between winning the work and to start onboarding is very short. In addition, the clients are requesting additional scope / adhoc tasks, which means it creates extra workload to current staff. As the department is growing, there is a need to standardize and do process improvements to make us run as efficiently as possible and work with Management Accountants to automate / simplify as many processes as possible. Therefore, we have identified need to build in 'extra resources' who can come in and learn the reporting requirements, month end for various clients and support on adhoc tasks / projects at senior level (as and when required by the Finance Client Leads) across two teams - Guildford and Kings Langley. This may also mean that in the longer term, as and when growth comes in, this role will be allocated a portfolio of their own.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Senior Management Accountant will be responsible for quickly learning the day-to-day financial activities and requirements of legal entities (operating assets and Hold Co. / consolidations) with a view to enable them to provide support to the Finance Leads as and when needed. They might be asked to provide review / preparer function for current clients with no backups, assist in lender management, migration of systems, process improvements / documentation, due diligence process, onboarding and any another adhoc projects allocated. The demands of the role and job could vary often depending upon the needs of the department.
This role will primarily be based at Guildford office preferably , however you will need to travel our other RES Office- Kings Langley no more than once per week. (or based in Kings Langley with travel to Guildford 1x per wekk) This role is a hybrid role also. Please keep this in mind and consider if you are able to accommodate this before you apply.
The Asset Management department looks after wind farms, solar and storage plants in the UK and Ireland on behalf of the clients. The services include technical, financial, and commercial asset management. Within this department, the finance team is in charge of commercial, financial and statutory compliance to lenders and asset owners (internal and third party) and provides support to the wider Asset Management team.
- Lender management including update of bank models, preparation of loan covenant compliance and ensuring all obligations are met.
- Review of monthly management accounts, cashflow forecast, variance analysis as and when needed.
- Support the team in preparation of complex Finance tasks/ consolidation , often creating templates with a view to automate and simplify processes in close collaboration with the Client Finance Leads;
- Prepare Management accounts, Balance Sheet Reconciliation and reporting templates to suit the needs of the clients as and when asked.
- Support the Due Diligence process whether buy or sell as and when required, making sure that quality information is provided on time.
- On boarding of new projects into the asset management portfolio;
- Supporting continuous improvements to accounting and reporting processes together with the wider Finance and ERP Development teams;
- Help with the contract review for financial obligations often reviewing the calculations and preparing Contract Summaries as and when needed.
- Executing additional tasks to meet changing business needs and departmental objectives;
- Collating adhoc information requests as and when required by Ofgem for all assets, other than monthly tasks.
- Be a key point of finance contact (as and when needed) of the external clients and deliver quality service, assisting the finance leads to maintain a strong relationship on a day-to-day basis (longer term, when given a portfolio).
- Independently work in close collaboration with Client Finance Leads to achieve the project / task objectives with minimum supervision and support.
Knowledge you will have
- Strong accounting knowledge;
- IFRS, FRS 102, FRS 101 and UK GAAP;
- Understanding of both management and statutory accounting
Skills you will have
- Strong Microsoft Excel and accountancy systems skills;
- Excellent technical accounting skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability to frequent change, given the project nature of this role
- Quick learner - grasp the needs of department very quickly with minim supervision
- Proactive, 'can do' attitude, with a focus on continuous improvement of reporting and analysis;
- Good communication skills and the confidence and credibility to communicate to external parties;
- A team player but with the discipline to work autonomously;
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to articulate financial information to non-finance specialists.
- Ability to scrutinize and analyze numbers to identity errors, variance analysis and raise questions.
Experience you will need
- A number of years within the same role / similar roles
- Experience working in renewables
- Experience of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounting routines within a commercial organization;
- Sound experience of using an ERP system (use of Agresso/Business World a distinct advantage but not essential);
- Experience in communicating with non-financial internal stakeholders;
- Preparation of statutory financial statements under IFRS, FRS 101 and FRS102.
- Ability to set up processes, templates and simplify.
- Experience of working with complex templates / spreadsheets is a must.
- Ability to work in collaboration with others effectively
Qualifications you will have
Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
At RES we celebrate difference as we know it makes our company a great place to work. Encouraging applicants with different backgrounds, ideas and points of view, we create teams who work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.