Manager - International Tax Core (Open to flexible working)
We've got an exciting opportunity to join our international tax services team, who are recognised as being leaders in international tax advisory and cross border M&A. You will be working with some of the largest corporation in the world advising them on their international tax planning and M&A deals. Working within our International Transaction Tax Service (ITTS) Practice focusing on the CORE Tax offering.
You will be working with some of the sector leading Partners who are well known and respected in the market. You'll also be working with a high performing team who have advised on many high profile and market leading transactions over the past few years.
It is a great time to join the ITTS team who have expanded exponentially in recent years and are continuing to grow. With a number of disrupting factors in the market at the moment you'll be at the forefront of helping our clients to navigate the market challenges on an international scale.
The combination of experience and innovation in our team makes it not only one of the most exciting places to work in tax, but also a place where you can learn and develop into a skilled and renowned international tax adviser, working with leading UK / overseas MNCs, lawyers and banks on complex and exciting projects.
Our international tax professionals will work on a variety of projects which are focused on helping clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy, including:
- Expansion into new markets
- Pre-transaction reorganisations and post-transaction integration
- Legal structure rationalisation
- Operating model redesign
- Optimisation of capital structure and financing
- Optimisation of intellectual property ownership and reliefs
- Managing the risk arising from global law change such as BEPS, and
- Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in UK and globally
Your key responsibilities
- You'll manage the successful delivery of international tax services engagements, committing to taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence.
- Committed to building and maintaining relationships with our clients and provide high levels of client service.
- Spot opportunities and involve colleagues to help us continuously develop our commercial proposition to our clients.
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients and engagements.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
- Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Effective time management - ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Project management skills to plan and prioritise work, as well as meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
To qualify for the role you must have
- Background in corporate tax with some demonstrable advisory experience
You'll have one of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Experience of working on International Tax projects
- Project management skills, ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- You can read more here: https://www.ey.com/en_uk/careers/what-its-like-to-work-here
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.