Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Within Checkout.com redefining forming the way our financial platform operates. As our business continues to grow in scale and complexity, we're looking for an additional resource to support both Workday Financial and Workday Adaptive platforms.
To make this successful, we need a London-based Workday Financials and Adaptive Lead to join our Finance Support team to coordinate and drive the support and BAU tasks in both platforms, but also feed in and drive continuous improvement projects. The Workday Financials and Adaptive Lead will work closely with the Finance and FP&A teams to understand how the products work and how these can be leveraged to improve processes.
We already have a strong Workday Financials team thus this is a great opportunity for someone with Adaptive ex-consultant experience, with a minimum of two Adaptive implementations, aiming to expand their knowledge and experience into Workday Financials and general finance knowledge. It's essential to be Workday Adaptive certified.
How you'll make an impact
- This is a vital role in ensuring the day-to-day tasks carried out in Adaptive, including integrations, are run smoothly and updated accordingly when required.
- Manage any queries from the FP&A team regarding how numbers are calculated in Adaptive.
- Collect requirements and implement changes into Adaptive, including creating new integrations, tasks, accounts, sheets, dimensions etc.
- Create/Maintain new and existing reports or Dashboards in Adaptive.
- Work closely with FP&A and Corporate Finance to understand the BAU activities to improve the ways of working in Adaptive.
- Carry out basic admin tasks (incl. open/close periods, security assignments, open bank accounts, create ledgers, create cost centres etc.) for Workday Financials.
- Maintain Workday Adaptive and Workday Fins documentation and support workflow changes.
- Carry out security Audits and product release management for both Workday Fins and Workday Adaptive.
- You will work closely with finance teams to understand the daily BAU activities to improve the ways of working in Adaptive
- Provide advice and support to senior stakeholders on all financial processes and procedures.
- You'll also support other Transformation projects to deliver on the Finance Transformation agenda.
- Managing on-call support for outage incidents and regularly updating affected stakeholders and business owners.
- Daily and weekly status reporting and reviewing.
What we're looking for
- Experience with Adaptive implementations, certified, with at least two end to end implementations.
- Hands-on experience of working with ERP software
- Have a good understanding of Finance procedures.
- Understand control environments well, which can be used to provide evidential standards.
- Understand ITGCs and how these can be set up and maintained for SaaS systems.
- Willingness to learn in-depth Workday Financial to support as an admin.
- Be able to translate technical language to Finance and Finance language to product and tech teams, bringing clarity and alignment.
- You're proactive and autonomous, able to identify issues independently and drive creative solutions in a complex, dependency-heavy environment.
- You have the ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling, and succinct way in written and verbal communications, effectively influencing a wide variety of audiences.
- You have a natural and authentic ability to engage and work in collaboration with people from various backgrounds and cultures.
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/