Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do. We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Recognising the ongoing Regulatory and potential Internal Change agenda; The understanding of any Client relationship impact and the subsequent Outreach and Transition management is a fundamental business consideration. At all times, ensuring all relationships are clear on the change, the potential impact and steps the organisation is taking to ensure a positive and efficient client experience.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the planning and execution of regulatory client outreach initiatives and developing a regulatory governance framework across the organisation to ensure seamless client onboarding and engagement throughout the client lifecycle.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The definition of a Client Outreach and Transition strategy and implementation approach
- Forward planning of assigned initiatives where client outreach will be a requirement
- Definition of the future schedule of events, aligning across parallel campaigns and business areas
- Execution of assigned client outreach and transition initiatives in line with the organisation's strategic roadmap
- Advising and educating areas of the organisation as to the considerations and options available when planning for a client outreach exercise
- Continued improvement to the client outreach approach, driving increased efficiency and positive client experience
- Status reporting across multiple business lines and functions within the organisation
- Drive decisions to ensure optimal solutions are based on both commercial and business requirements
- Identification of key dependencies, stakeholder engagement through to resolution
- Drive adoption and development of our outreach tool functionality
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with a focus on regulatory adherence (with a working knowledge of financial regulations)
- Experience of managing large scale projects and projects in parallel
- Strong track record of successful Client Outreach initiatives, with a "hands-on experience" of business subject matter expertise
- Tangible experience of Client Relationship Management within a complex organisational structure, with the ability to demonstrate successful outcomes of historic Client Outreach management
- Strong leadership and demonstrates initiative especially in a matrix organization
- Broad knowledge of investment and corporate banking products and services and how they impact or support clients across sectors / regions
- Experience/knowledge in MIFID, EMIR, CFTC, SEC, Dodd Frank
- Experience/knowledge in project management methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall
- Experience/knowledge in CRM platforms such as Salesforce
- Understanding of client agreements (ISDA, CSA, MCA, MRRA)
- Microsoft Office suite including strong Excel skills
- Experience of CRM tools such as Salesforce
- One or more of the following is essential:
- 3 - 5 years + in Front Office (1LoD) management environment
- 3 - 5 years + Project management experience with a proven track record of delivery
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree level education in relevant subject (e.g. finance, maths, physics etc.) (Beneficial)
- Other beneficial qualifications (e.g. MBA, CFA, etc.) (Beneficial)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong interest in driving efficiencies through automation
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, with the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach, also demonstrating creativity and innovation in solution forming
- Strong problem solving skills with a 'think outside the box' attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to foster strong relationships and manage senior stakeholders
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong teamwork skills and enjoys working within a collaborative culture
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.