Our Trust, locally known as WHH is a fast-paced, ambitious organisation that is caring, innovative and focused on the best outcomes for its patients and the employment experience of its staff. It is driven to be outstanding for its patients, its staff and its communities and committed to being the best place to receive healthcare, work and learn. At WHH, we want to continue to excel and to be a great place to receive care, work and learn for the people of Warrington and Halton.
As Deputy Chief Finance Officer in todays NHS you will have a key role in steering our journey towards this ambition through corporate decision-making and compassionate leadership.
The Deputy Chief Finance Officer must have the ability to remain clear headed and objective when facing competing demands for financial resources - to act with a level of resilient independence. A good NHS Deputy Chief Finance Officer also needs to know the business and have a sound understanding of clinical practice. They need to encourage a similar understanding throughout their finance directorate team.
Main duties of the job
As our Deputy Chief Finance Officer, you will have responsibility for setting our overall financial plan, supporting how resources are deployed and for establishing a culture that encourages innovation while recognising the overriding requirement to use public money wisely.
Perhaps the biggest challenge facing the NHS in England now is to move to system working collaborative working at scale and at speed. Moving away from an organisational focus to instead look at how to deliver quality services that are cost effective across whole systems.
Your confidence, technical competency, leadership skills and compassionate style will enable the most effective relationships with our senior leadership team and external stakeholders.
Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is a caring and compassionate organisation that is both ambitious and innovative. We are committed to delivering the best outcomes for our patients and providing a positive experience of our staff. We aspire to be outstanding for our patients, our communities and our staff and are committed to being a great place to receive healthcare, work and learn.
Straddling the neighbouring boroughs of Warrington and Halton we are part of the Cheshire and Merseyside Integrated Care system. Our hospitals are ideally situated to meet the growing healthcare needs of the 330,000 population of these boroughs.
Warrington Hospital is home to our emergency, critical care and maternity services, Halton Hospital is focused on elective procedures and the Runcorn Urgent Treatment Centre, although many services are offered at both sites and in community hubs.
A CQC-rated good organisation with outstanding features, we are working towards university hospital status, having achieved teaching hospital status in 2019.
Our workforce of nearly 5,000 across both sites comprises more than 50 nationalities. We strive to be an equal, diverse and inclusive employer, which is recognised as a pioneer in its equality, diversity and inclusion work. The Trust is proud to have achieved numerous external accreditations and is working towards achieving the Anti-Racist Organisation Framework, recognising the importance of anti-racism in all that we do.
• Masters degree or equivalent experience. CCAB Membership.
• NHS Financial experience covering the full range of financial services.
• Coaching & values led leadership style, encouraging engagement and empowerment amongst staff and stakeholders, and in developing high performing teams.
• A high level of communication skills, to include but not exclusively, mediation, negotiation, consultation, facilitation, presentation, training and coaching skills using well developed interpersonal skills to influence, inform, reconcile differences and resolve conflicts.
• Analyse detailed, highly complex data and information, including preparing responses to issues, weighing risks and forming judgements often within tight timescales.
• Significant experience of working at a senior level in a complex organisation.
• Demonstrate able to work at Deputy Chief Finance Officer level.