, we're on a mission to maximise wealth for all. We’re making saving money effortless and turning investing into something everyone can do
Our journey began back in 2017, when we became one of the first to use artificial intelligence and automation to simplify personal finance. Fast forward to today, and we've already helped people save £2 billion across 10 European markets.
Named the UK's fastest-growing fintech in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, our success is down to the passion and dedication of our diverse team. Based in our London, Athens and Nicosia offices, 170 talented people work together to empower people to do more with their money. And now, the team is growing!
We are looking for a Director of Financial Control
to join Plum and play a pivotal role in overseeing and optimising financial processes, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and contributing to the overall financial health and stability of the organisation. This position requires a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills, a deep understanding of financial controls, and the ability to navigate the rapidly evolving landscape of the fintech industry. As well as leading the Financial Control team, this person will work closely with our VP Finance, FP&A team and other departments across the business.RequirementsWhat You Will Do
What We Look For
- Develop, implement, and maintain robust financial controls, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and industry best practices;
- Identify and assess financial risks, proposing and implementing effective mitigation strategies;
- Monitor changes in financial regulations and proactively adapt the company's financial control framework accordingly;
- Manage the accounting system and look to streamline financial reporting and control processes;
- Partnering with business units on the accounting implications for the business on new products;
- Oversee day to day finance operations and treasury management, leveraging automation and technology solutions to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of processes;
- Own the production of entity and consolidated monthly management packs and accounts;
- Liaise with external auditors, tax advisors, and regulatory bodies to ensure timely completion of audits and compliance with tax requirements;
- Manage the month end financial control close process and group consolidation reporting;
- Be responsible for all aspects of tax (Corporation, PAYE, VAT and R&D) returns for the group;
- Ensure financial regulatory returns are submitted and collaborate with the compliance team and Finance team on other regulatory documents and requests;
- Lead and develop a high-performing financial control team, providing guidance, mentoring, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration within the finance team and with other departments; and
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, to align financial control objectives with overall business goals.
- Proven experience in financial control within the financial services industry;
- Solid grasp of internal controls, compliance requirements, and financial regulations (GAAP and IFRS), and are a qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CPA or equivalent);
- You have excellent leadership and team management skills including managing team members remotely;
- Previous experience in working in an EMI licensed organisation is highly desirable;
- You have a high attention to detail, are proactive and self-motivated;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with different accounting systems and technology solutions; and
- Experience with regulatory returns
- We're all in this together! Own part of the company through stock options
- Annual training budget.
- Flexible approach to remote working, though we encourage at least 2-3 days a week in our beautiful office in central London for optimal collaboration.
- Team breakfast on Tuesdays and team lunch on Thursdays in the office, as well as a plentiful supply of fruit, snacks and coffee.
- Free Plum Premium subscription (normally £9.99 a month).
- 2 weeks paid sabbatical after four years of service.
- 25 days holiday a year, excluding bank holidays (33 in total).
- 45 days work from anywhere.
- Employee referral scheme up to £4000.
- 1 day paid leave for volunteering, supporting you giving back to society.
- Enhanced maternity pay.
- Team trip to secret destinations once a year
- A vibe that’s
If you think this sounds like a bit of you then don’t hesitate to get in touch!