Are you a detail-oriented, analytical thinker looking to make a meaningful impact in the world of start-ups? At Uncapped, we invest in growing businesses and in ambitious founders and we are looking for a talented Investment Analyst to join our Risk team.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn how to assess e-commerce and technology companies and be a part of the venture ecosystem. We are a small team and you will have the opportunity to work directly with our portfolio companies and play a role in our investment decisions.
In this role, you'll get to work with a diverse group of founders and help them secure the financing they need to grow their businesses. You'll use your expertise in financial analysis and credit assessment to make strategic recommendations to the Credit Committee. You'll need to be able to analyse financial statements and business plans and communicate your findings in a clear and concise manner. You will act as the gatekeeper for our company, evaluating the potential risks and liabilities of businesses seeking investment. But don't think this job is all about numbers and spreadsheets - we encourage our analysts to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions for our clients, and In doing so, help fund thousands of growing businesses that are the lifeblood of the global economy and Uncapped’s future success.About Uncapped
Founded in 2019, Uncapped is the fastest, most affordable way for growing online businesses to fund marketing and inventory. The company was born out of frustration with the limited financing options available for UK and European entrepreneurs to finance growth.
Uncapped provides working capital loans to brands and retailers around the world, doing between $10m and $100m in turnover.
Uncapped has raised VC funding from most notable investors including Lakestar, Mouro Capital, Global Founders Capital, White Star Capital, Seedcamp, and All Iron Ventures.What you will do ✍
RequirementsWho you are
- Analyse customer applications, by reviewing financial statements and other materials to make recommendations on the size, length and structure of capital advances
- Attend calls with founders and management teams, ask questions and form an opinion on new opportunities
- Prepare and present approval packages for the Uncapped Credit Committee
- Collect, review and report on the financial performance of portfolio companies
- Work with the risk team and the CEO to improve our underwriting capabilities through continuous process improvements
- Contribute to Credit Committee retrospective reviews
- Work closely with our Product teams to improve customer experience and satisfaction
BenefitsWhat we offer
- Must have a finance degree
- High level of curiosity and a passion for technology
- Very strong analytical and modelling skills - we will require you to build and decipher complex financial models for underwriting purposes
- Organised, flexible and focused, with the ability to context switch
- Strong commercial acumen - intricately understand e-commerce / online / SaaS models
- Confidence to challenge decisions as well as be able to explain decision rationale to stakeholders
- Hawk-eye level attention to detail, ability to zoom in and spot what others may miss
- Entrepreneurial mindset - you should constantly look to make the most of available opportunities, overcome quickly to learn from setbacks, be decisive and have a bias towards action
- Collaborative mindset, not afraid to over-communicate in a remote environment
We’re a fast-growing startup with huge goals. So everyone does their best work, and we provide the benefits our team really wants. We’re continually adding to this list as new people join -- here are some of the things you can expect:
We can only consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in Europe without requiring visa sponsorship.
- Unlimited holiday: we believe that well-rested and happy people make the best employees
- Competitive compensation plan
- Personal growth fund: Raise your game from great to spectacular
- Monthly recognition and awards: Celebrate wins big and small
- Workspace fit for you: €400 to improve your home office
- The opportunity to make a big impact every day on the lives of European and US entrepreneurs.
- Optional workspaces in Warsaw, London and Atlanta