Campbell Tickell are acting on behalf of Milton Keynes Development Partnership LLP (MKDP), recruiting for a dynamic and experienced Finance Officer to join their team. As a Finance Officer, you will be an integral part of a small finance team, working collaboratively with the Finance Business Partner and Finance Director.
Our client, MKDP was established in 2013 by Milton Keynes Council (MKC) and operates as a subsidiary of the council. They play a vital role in holding and promoting the development of specific assets acquired from the Homes & Communities Agency and other Milton Keynes Council properties. Milton Keynes Development Partnership owns 120ha (300 acres) of land available for employment, residential and commercial leisure use. They operate under the guidance of an Independent Board, demonstrating a commitment to leveraging specialist skills for effective business operations. This is a growing organisation that is having a large impact on the city of Milton Keynes, and this is an exciting opportunity to further your career in a dynamic environment with a team that is doing work that really matters.
Finance OfficerResponsible to:
FTE £40,000 - £45,000 pa (pro rata if part time)Job Type:
Permanent -Part-Time (30 hours per week) or Full-TimeWorking Pattern:
Hybrid-working (at least 3 days working from MKDP offices)Key
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Maintaining financial records, reconciling corporate credit card returns, and preparing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Contributing to Management Accounts, year-end preparations, budgeting, VAT returns, and various financial reports.
- Flexibility is encouraged, allowing the Finance Officer to adapt to evolving service needs and contribute to broader operational effectiveness.
- The successful candidate will be AAT qualified or part-qualified CCAB accountant (or equivalent), with experience in finance teams.
- Proficiency in accounting software, particularly ERP Gold or Agresso, along with intermediate Microsoft Excel skills, is also desirable.
- Preferably, you have worked in a finance team within the property sector, such as a Housing Association or property development organisation.
- Excellent numerical ability, and attention to detail are crucial.
- The ability to analyse, interpret, and communicate financial data effectively, coupled with a well-organised and systematic approach, will be key to success.
To apply for this job role, please submit your CV to the job advert. If you have any questions, please contact Isabella Ajilore via email.