Who we are:
UPS Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS, provides risk mitigation and Insurance solutions for businesses of all sizes and industries along global supply chains. The Finance Specialist will be responsible for providing accounting support for UPS Capital in Europe and will report to the Europe Finance Supervisor.
Are you interested in working for a great company and joining a dynamic team that can support your career in finance? Then keep reading
Your career at UPS Capital:
Great opportunities for discovering your potential in a globally successful company. Teamwork and passion for your job are the basis for a career that can you rely on for the long term. For a future that gets you further than you may have ever expected.
The Finance Specialist is responsible for:
- Assisting in the Billing and Collections of our customers and is confident to make recommendations supported by financial and well-founded judgment.
- Daily review of receipts and management of customer ledgers.
- Monitors customers accounts to ensure past due invoices are addressed and customers comply with payment terms.
- Responsible for identifying customer issues and recommending potential resolutions and strategies.
- Partners with other departments to resolve and correct payment and billing issues.
- Participates in the implementation of new or improved processes to ensure proper usage and adherence.
- Assist with monthly close and perform reconciliations and analysis for statutory and managerial results.
- Partner with the Global Accounting Centre (GAC) to ensure the Oracle AR ledgers are reconciled monthly and any differences investigated.
- Coordination across finance for internal and external audit activities.
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned by the Finance Supervisor.
Required Skills and Education:
- Educated to Degree level with a strong financial/accounting/analytical background.
- Part Qualified or studying towards a recognised accounting qualification.
- Good understanding of accounting processes and technical accounting concepts
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Detail orientated: learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organised files.
- Solves customer problems: Recognises when customers are having issues; identifies resolution to customer issues and recommends solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English, other languages are an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and accounting systems.