Campbell Tickell are acting on behalf of a small organisation specialising in housing and development who are based in Bedfordshire. They are recruiting for a dynamic and experienced Finance Business Partner to join their team. As a Finance Business Partner, you will be an integral part of a small finance team, working collaboratively with the Finance Officer and Finance Director.About
Our client, MKDP was established in 2013 by Milton Keynes Council (MKC) and operates as a subsidiary of the council. They play a vital role in holding and promoting the development of specific assets acquired from the Homes & Communities Agency and other Milton Keynes Council properties. Milton Keynes Development Partnership owns 120ha (300 acres) of land available for employment, residential and commercial leisure use. They operate under the guidance of an Independent Board, demonstrating a commitment to leveraging specialist skills for effective business operations. This is a growing organisation that is having a large impact on the city of Milton Keynes, and this is an exciting opportunity to further your career in a dynamic environment with a team that is doing work that really matters.
Finance Business Partner Responsible to:
£50,000 - £60,000 pa Job Type:
Permanent/ Full-TimeWorking Pattern:
Hybrid-working (at least 3 days working from offices)Key
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Preparation of financial statements, management accounts, budget setting, and forecasts.
- Active participation in the year-end process and external audit, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and overseeing the completion of all statutory returns, including tax filings.
- Collaborate with budget holders, contribute to internal audits, and provide essential financial information to the Executive team, ensuring informed decision-making.
- Support the Finance Director in maintaining high standards of probity and governance, and provide timely information to the Executive team.
- Qualified accountant with CCAB Accreditation - with post-qualification experience
- Strong financial accounting skills, and up-to-date knowledge of relevant accounting standards.
- Proficiency in accounting software, particularly ERP Gold or Agresso, along with advanced Microsoft Excel skills, is also desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work in a political environment, and a commitment to maintaining high standards of probity and governance.
- Previous experience in property environments are sought-after qualifications
To apply for this job role, please submit your CV to the job advert. If you have any questions, please contact Isabella Ajilore via email.