- Contract Type:Open-ended
- Working Pattern: Full Time (37 hours per week)
- Salary Range:£35,686.33- £40,142.45 per annum
- Closing date:Monday 12th February 2024
The post holder will manage the Operations Finance Team to ensure all transactions are correctly and timeously posted into the sub-ledgers and balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely manner.
You will support the provision of high-quality financial management information and provide professional finance advice to senior managers and budget holders within SAMS, manage the production of monthly financial statements for budget holders, contribute to the overall corporate reporting of the organisations financial position, and work with budget holders at a Senior and Executive level to resolve any concerns or difficulties with their financial performance.
Other responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to) the following:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage the month end financial processes and timetable, identifying efficiencies and implementing change as required. Review adjusting manual journals to automate and sign off to ensure accounts are accurate.
- Manage finance operations team to ensure accurate, timeous and controlled Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, Payroll and Banking.
- Assist and review the production of the monthly management accounts for your business areas providing statistical analysis and variance to plan reporting and commentary.
Our ideal candidate will have considerable experience in a comparable senior finance role, with some experience of implementing new practices, procedures and compliancy changes. You also will have maintained Continuing Professional Development (CPD) over your previous roles.
You will have excellent organisational and planning skills and be able to prioritise and delegate effectively to meet required timescales, whilst maintaining attention to detail to ensure accuracy at all times.
Holding a recognised accountancy qualification or currently nearing end of qualification completion with evidence of extensive work experience application is advantageous.What do we offer in return?
Looking for a change in lifestyle or location? We are based on the beautiful west coast of Scotland within Argyll & Bute. In addition to your salary, we offer flexible working, a generous remuneration package including pension, holiday allowance, structured career development path, free on-site parking as well as occupational health & wellbeing support. In addition, our employee benefits package includes purchase of additional holidays, technology & smartphones, payroll giving, discounted shopping vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
Additionally, SAMS encourages and recognises excellence among staff through various recognition and reward arrangements. We constantly develop and expand the benefits and offers for our colleagues.
SAMS offers a generous salary and pension as well as employee benefits package.We also have supportive policies to assist absence, family and other leave types.Interested?
We would love to hear from you.If you have queries on the job and would like to talk these through before applying, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Closing date for application is Monday 12th February 2024
- Interviews likely to be held by the end of February 2024.