The Inn Collection Group are a multi award winning pubs with rooms Company across Northern England and North Wales and as part of our continued growth and expansion, we are searching for another team member to join our Team.
What's Inn it for you?
Extra paid holiday in month of your birthday
50% off food in any of our Inns
£1 bed and breakfast in any of our Inns during January, February or March
1/3 off room bookings all year round
Employee Assistance Programme
Working for Best Pub Employer at the Publican Awards a Financial Planning Analyst.
The Inn Collection Group are a hospitality business founded in the North East over 15 years ago and now have a strong presence across Northern England and Wales, with a desire to expand further.
The ICG story has been one of success and expansion, with a unique 'pubs with rooms' offer, we strive to give our customers best of both worlds. The warmth, welcome and enjoyment of great pub environments, food and drinks, combined with the excellent quality and service of a professional accommodation offering to complement. Our sites are in fantastic locations, giving our customers and staff the chance to spend quality time in beautiful surroundings, be it city, coast or countryside.
As a rapidly growing business with ambitions and plans for further expansion we are early in our digital and data journey however understand the criticality of it now and in the future. As such, we are investing to build a team, culture and solution landscape to leverage the systems we have further, use data to deliver insights and partnership across our business leaders and functions.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Financial Planning analyst to join us. You will be instrumental in our Financial & Data driven decision making as the business continues to grow.
Candidates should understand the importance of providing concise and insightful analysis of financial and operational data. Providing clear and actionable information to business teams driven by data and strong interpersonal relationships. The role will sit within the finance team and work closely with IT as part of the cross functional Data Leadership Group, helping to deliver the future of BI, data flows and reporting for what will be an exciting and challenging next 5 years plus for the business.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Understand and expand current BI suite, including PowerBI reports
- Analysis of key business areas directed by the Head of FP&A and undertaken personally to provide insight into business unit performance
- Analysis of operational and financial KPIs
- Own and operate the business forecasting and budgeting model and systems, expanding scenario and sensitivity planning, providing greater insight into key driver relationships
- Develop reports for the organisation to drive value through data backed decision making
- Working with Group Data Analyst on data mining and data model creation and maintenance
- Production of scalable and reliable PowerBI reporting and data modelling tailored to business users
- Partner with the wider organisation to provide insights and support business teams in their decision making
- Plan versus actual variance analysis
- Advanced Excel, including Power Query
- PowerBI report writing and data modelling
- Part Qualified or newly qualified ACCA or CIMA
- Passion for data, deep diving analytics and numerically strong
- Working knowledge of SQL or desire to learn
- Depth of understanding of financial statements and commercial awareness, with recent experience of working documents
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of people and build trust
- Strong personal organisational skills with the ability to take responsibility for managing their own workload, insisting on high standards
- Bachelor's degree 2:1 or above
- Understanding of financial processes including balance sheet reconciliations, banking and compliance
- Process improvement and transformation experience in finance and systems
- Programming language understanding (Python)
- Investment appraisal
- Report writing
- Hospitality industry experience
This role is based working in our new Head Office in Newcastle, with the option of some home working once the initial training period has been successfully completed.