We'd all like amazing work to do, and real work-life balance. That's waiting for you at Sainsbury's. For a FTSE business, we move incredibly fast. When we're not handling projects, we're helping all corners of the wider group with what they're trying to achieve. And around here, you can see the results of your work as soon as you walk into a store, which gives you a real sense of purpose and responsibility. Better still, the team around you will listen to your ideas and opinions, and you'll have every chance to try something new. The sheer scale and complexity of our set-up means there's always something else around the corner, and we'll help and support you every step of the way. We're trusted to get on with it. So get ready to make things happen here.Division/Dept.
GM Central Trading Finance Location
Holborn/Ansty & Home Reporting to
Finance Manager - Central Trading Finance In a nutshell
What you need to do
- The Central Trading Finance team provides a key link between the various business partnering teams and FP&A teams across the business to create budgets and forecasts as well as delivering Trading performance insight.
- Responsibility on ensuring robust daily, weekly and monthly reporting is provided with relevant insight into performance across both the Argos and Sainsbury's General Merchandise and Clothing businesses.
- Deliver insight into the sales and margin performance of both businesses through working closely with the Trading Finance Business Partners.
- Leading on supporting the periodic Latest View planning process across Commercial for Sales and Margin - working closely with Finance Business Partnering teams and wider commercial finance teams.
- Facilitate and support the production of standardised reporting suites for Business Partnering teams to drive productive action / improved business performance in collaboration with the business.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve the reporting and forecasting processes across a range of business areas.
What you need to know and show
- Produce and Develop standardised reporting suites for Business Partnering teams to support the continuous drive of business results in conjunction with the MI team.
- To own and drive the delivery of the Latest View planning cycle - in line with agreed deadlines and standards - Ensuring that the results are communicated in a timely and accurate way with a clear articulation of the drivers of performance and impacts
- Support the delivery of Finance improvement initiatives and implementation of internal & external best practices to enhance process efficiency and quality of outputs including:
- Data quality improvements
- Elimination, simplification and/or automation of transactional activities (e.g. daily/weekly reporting and daily/weekly forecasting.)
- Reporting improvements e.g. report rationalisation, design and implementation
- Work closely with the other Trading Finance Managers and Analysts to support category specific initiatives/actions to improve the performance of the business.
- Attend and actively contribute to key meetings as required
- Responsible for managing relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Drive the external reporting process for GM&C to support Trading Statement and Interim/Prelim statements as well as providing support to the Investor Relations and Group Finance teams.
Directly or indirectly manages
- Qualified accountant (or studying towards an accounting qualification)
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to understand key business performance drivers
- Ability to present complex information in a simple and clear manner
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills and an empathetic nature
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills.
- Enthusiastic, positive and proactive engagement of key stakeholders
- Resilience, flexibility and able to cope with time pressure and ambiguity.
- Experience in business facing finance role.
No line management responsibility. Support we will provide
- Line management support.
- Broader development programmes for the broader finance function.
We are committed to being a truly inclusive retailer so you'll be welcomed whoever you are and wherever you work. Around here, there's always the chance to try something new - whether that's as part of an evolving team or somewhere else across the business - and we take development seriously and promise to support you. We also recognise and celebrate colleagues when they go the extra mile and, where possible, offer flexible working. When you join our team, we'll also offer you an amazing range of benefits. Here are some of them:
Starting off with colleague discount, you'll be able to save 10% on your shopping online and instore at Sainsbury's, Argos, TU and Habitat, and we regularly increase the discount to 15% at points during the year. We've also got you covered for your future with our pensions scheme and life cover. You'll also be able to share in our success as you may be eligible for a performance-related bonus of up to 10% of salary, depending on how we perform.
Your wellbeing is important to us too. You'll receive an annual holiday allowance and you can buy up to an additional week's holiday. We also offer other benefits that will help your money go further such as season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, health cash plans, salary advance (where you can access some of your pay before pay day) as well access to a great range of discounts from hundreds of other retailers. And if you ever need it there is also an employee assistance programme.
Moments that matter are as important to us as they are to you which is why we give up to 26 weeks' pay for maternity or adoption leave and up to 4 weeks' pay for paternity leave.
Please see www.sainsburys.jobs for a range of our benefits (note, length of service and eligibility criteria may apply).