At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
This role is responsible for managing the front office end to end process involved in the design and implementation of new investment instruments, currencies and markets. This includes being the single point of entry for business demand, facilitating prioritisation of requests by the Investment Leadership Team, co-ordinating the due diligence process, obtaining formal approval and completing implementation, including confirmation that the Fund Managers can trade.
The individual will need to co-ordinate requirements and activities across a wide range of teams, from Fund Management through to Operations, Risk & Compliance and Technology. The role will include business analysis, with a focus on non-technology elements, typically including a detailed understanding and communication of the new requirement, request and review of due diligence from multiple business areas, identification of risks, operating model or other process changes and the impact thereof. The role will be responsible for analysis and management of operational readiness activities associated with the new market and instrument. This role will also be responsible for managing a database of approved markets and instruments, with periodic reviews conducted to ensure positions remain up to date. Key Responsibilities for this role: NMI central functions
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Owns the end-to-end process of implementing new investment instruments, currencies and markets.
- Responsible for the Governance structure and prioritisation process, including facilitating the sessions with senior stakeholders to ensure the right initiative is worked on at the right time.
- Owns the pipeline of work within the new markets and instruments remit and interprets what requests are within scope
- Produces management reporting on new markets and new instruments pipeline and throughput.
- Owns the design and completeness of the Approved Markets and Instruments catalogue and the archiving of documentation relating to due diligences and approvals.
- Point of contact for new market and instrument activities being carried out by BA's from other teams (eg. Fund Launch team)
- Responsible for continuous improvement to the process and artefacts to optimise output of the team.
- Responsible for proactively capturing and implementing changes driven by lessons learned from implemented initiatives.
- Strong understanding of asset classes i.e. equities, fixed income, derivatives (ETDs and OTCs) and money markets.
- Understanding of the asset management operating model and knowledge of the products and instrument types.
- Understanding of the due diligence required to implement new instruments, currencies and markets.
- Proactive and delivery focused with excellent communication skills and organized approach to completing activities and deliverables
- Able to confidently present ideas or insight in order to inform and influence leadership decisions / project boards
- Interest and willingness to be a front office representative across a broader range of projects
- Strong stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- Proven and demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to think laterally and generate creative solutions
- Specialist knowledge of technical operational processes desirable
- IMC or relevant qualification desirable but not required
Work Level: Manager or Expert
Recruiter Name: Emily Northcott
Closing Date: 16th February 2024
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.