The Pricing Intelligence team forms part of the Customer Value & Commercial Operations team, with a purpose to help define and deliver the pricing and commercial strategy for the UK's largest SME energy portfolio (over million customers, ~£5bn annual revenue). The wider CV&CO team delivers price changes, develops models and tools to proactively deliver actionable insight on; customer lifetime value, portfolio value and opportunities, and we continually optimise the portfolio for reduce risk and to increase value.
The Pricing Intelligence team provides insight that influences tactical and strategic pricing decision making and help to determine the value and pricing strategies for BGB energy. The team achieves this through a combination of; understanding Gross Margin (GM) and value performance, refreshing and utilising Operating Expenditure (Opex) and BDC insight, compiling competitor and pricing intelligence, and conducting conversations with key operational stakeholders with a focus on the optimisation of our commercial and value proposition.
As a Pricing Intelligence Analyst, you will work with commercial, finance, and sales teams, along with external partners, to deliver GM and value analysis, competitor, and pricing insight, and help to maintain Opex and BDC metrics.
GM and value analysis and reporting will form a key part of your role. This insight will utilised by various teams within the BGB Commercial area. You will also be required to identify requirements from key stakeholders and understand drivers within the commodity market that drive business performance. You will be a key contact for everything GM, value, Opex, and BDC related.
The role will also include the gathering of competitor and market intelligence, which will feed directly into the price change process, provide context behind market fluctuations, and influence decision marking around the business.
Your day-to-day duties will include, but isn't limited to, the following:
- Analysing BGB's GM and value performance, and understanding key drivers.
- Maintaining intelligence of our price position in the market.
- Delivering insight to the Pricing team to influence their tactical pricing decisions.
- Collaborating with the Pricing team to identify improvements around Pricing Strategy.
- Collaborating with Finance teams to maintain and refresh Opex & BDC inputs for Pricing processes.
- Focus around influencing Pricing decisions to improve BGB's annual GM returns by ~£5m.
- Processing large and/or non-standard deals in line with prevailing Delegations of Authority.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of approved large and/or non-standard deals.
- Maintaining and running regular GM and Pricing Intelligence processes.
- Supporting with commercial decisions, business cases and ad hoc requests.
- Competent / Advanced user of Excel and Power BI.
- Ability to code in SQL, python or R, or similar languages is preferable.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Understanding of Opex and & BDC methodology and uses.
- Knowledge and understanding of the energy industry is highly desirable, with a particular focus on pricing.
- Critical thinker, able to challenge the status quo and raise the bar for commercial capability.
- Able to manage large, disparate data-sets and manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, confident in making assumptions and working alongside teams employing agile methodology.
- Ability to effectively deliver a narrative, through presentations and directly to stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-directing , but able to collaborate.
- Excellent communicator, able to translate complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand actions.