About the role
As a Strategic Payroll Manager for Moorepay you'll be responsible for handling a portfolio of clients, making decisions based on your knowledge and experience, delivering every aspect of the strategic payroll service. You will be a subject matter expert on our payroll and our systems, focused on service delivery and providing a great client experience.
Key responsibilities include:
Skills & experience
- Managing a portfolio of clients, ensuring their payrolls are fulfilled timely, accurately and securely.
- Answering client queries about their Payroll or Moorepay systems via email and telephone, within service level agreements, striving for client advocacy and first contact resolution.
- Owning and taking responsibility for the client journey, always ensuring service excellence.
- Helping clients understand how best to use their Moorepay Software to support their business needs.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with onshore and offshore colleagues, striving for a consistent client experience.
- Managing customers to control quality and format of client input and reduce delays in processing.
- Working with the Implementation team to proactively manage customer onboarding, through first run into BAU.
- Meeting departmental and service delivery KPIs and quality standards for the team.
- Implementing specific improvement plans for individuals, teams or clients when delivery falls below the expected standards.
- Reviewing and acting upon all customer feedback; acting as a primary point of escalation for the client and making/executing recommendations for improvement.
- Taking ownership of service improvement initiatives driven out of the Moorepay customer satisfaction surveys.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, within Operations, Sales, Client Success, Marketing and Technology, to help manage client payrolls.
- Using the CRM to record details of all client interactions.
- Possessing full awareness of specific client requirements and ensuring these are documented within the payroll system.
- Complete all set tasks accurately and efficiently, adhering to deadlines, instructions, policies and procedures and training as appropriate.
- Conducting account client reviews.
- Raising system bugs and improvement ideas with technical support.
- Working closely with payroll processors (based in Kochi, India).
- Sharing ideas to help improve processes.
- Keeping up-to-date with payroll trends, product enhancements, industry developments and HR legislation.
Benefits & culture
- CIPP qualified or equivalent, or working at that level.
- Previous experience in delivering fully managed payroll services.
- Proven ability in building and managing a high performing team - working onshore and offshore preferred.
- Excellent ability in building positive customer relationships.
- Proven commercial ability to manage and control budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Moorepay HR expertise or alternate platforms (desirable).
- Experience of operating within an outsourcing service provider (desirable).
- Experience in managing large transition projects (desirable).
- Eager to learn and develop.
- Great coaching and mentoring skills.
- Highly organised and methodical in your approach.
Part of the Zellis Group, Moorepay is a team of over 500 friendly professionals across four offices in Manchester, Sheffield, Farnborough and Kochi (India). Were passionate about making Moorepay a fantastic place to work for every single one of our colleagues. The average length of service at Moorepay is 12 years, which speaks for itself!
To help make Moorepay such a great place to work, we focus on three things in our company culture: mental health support, maintaining a healthy work/life balance, and equal opportunities and inclusion for all.
Heres what You'll gain if you join our team:
- A career packed with opportunity, in a stable and growing company.
- A comprehensive programme of learning and development.
- Competitive base salary.
- 25 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy more. You'll even get your birthday off as well!
- Private medical insurance.
- Life assurance 4x salary.
- Enhanced pension with up to 8.5% employer contributions.
- A huge range of additional flexible benefits across financial & personal wellbeing, lifestyle & leisure.