Salary £51,305 - £54,353
Lusona Consultancy is delighted to be partnered on an exclusive basis with Southside Housing Association (SHA) to source suitable applicants for the post of Finance Manager. SHA is a registered social landlord providing housing and a range of other services across the south side of Glasgow.
The post of Finance Manager will cover financial management, governance and compliance, as well as leadership of a close-knit finance team. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services, your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading the production of the statutory accounts and support with the external audit process as the main point of contact.
- Producing monthly management accounts, managing the month end close process.
- Completing balance sheet reconciliation, ensuring accurate positing of income and expenditure.
- Fixed asset management and preparing and posting prepayments and accruals.
- Preparing management committee reports and highlight key variances (as well as attending committee meetings to discuss management accounts).
- Managing cash flow and reporting (e.g. managing of rolling month cash forecasting as well as working capital management and reconciling the bank accounts).
- Managing the capital budgeting via appraisal of project and collaborating with non-financial managers.
- Managing the annual budget cycle by liaising with budget holders and providing variance analysis where necessary.
- Submitting external submissions by the required deadlines.
- Overseeing monthly payroll and pension submission processes.
- Providing ad hoc reporting when required.
Applicants will be experienced accountants ideally with previous experience within a similar role, managing a finance team and strong technical accounting skills (understanding of FRS102 and charities SORP). Previous experience gained in the Not-for-Profit sector or housing sector would be advantageous for this opportunity. Applicants will have strong communication skills and problem-solving ability to collaborate with financial and non-financial stakeholders. Likewise, applicants will have a high level of IT competence and experience of accounting software and excellent MS Excel skills
Simply click apply attaching your CV. (Lusona are exclusively managing this process. Any direct or third-party applications will be forwarded to Lusona.)