Job Opportunity: Senior Climate Risk and Net Zero ConsultantLocation:
London (Hybrid working arrangement)Salary:
£55 000 - £65 000/annum
Are you a passionate advocate for sustainability, ESG, and net-zero initiatives?
Do you thrive in a high-level communication environment?
If so, seize this incredible opportunity to join our world-class client as a Senior Climate Risk and Net Zero Consultant.
Our Consultancy client is expanding and hiring talented individuals like you to drive sustainable ESG change and make a lasting impact.
You will join our team of specialist ESG consultants and be primarily responsible for advising and supporting our clientsto identify the risks and opportunities related to the impacts of physical climate change and the transition to a low carbon economy.
- Identifying and assessing risks and opportunities by understanding client business models and governance frameworks, conducting gap analyses, undertaking climate scenario analysis, financial quantification of transition climate risks and opportunities and drafting disclosures.
- Advising best-practice and effective governance arrangements for embedding climate change management and sustainability into the clients organization
- Strong understanding of financial modelling P&L, balance sheetandforecasting finances with development of climate sensitivity and scenario modelling
- Comprehensive understanding of risk management frameworks, control procedures and how to embed climate change into the risk management framework, processes and responsibilities.
- Climate scenario analyses using the scenario model and integration into the risk management framework.
- Supporting clients in setting Net Zero strategies, targets and development of a decarbonization roadmap
- Assessing the regulatory framework, climate policy and developing pragmatic ways to implement change in a variety of client.
- Supportingclients in reviewing and preparing their TCFD (CFD) disclosures- including providing expertise on financed emissions
- Developing approaches and reporting disclosures in alignment to the TCFD recommendations for a wide variety of client businesses in terms of sector, size and geography.
- Adeptly facilitate engaging and responsive workshops and training sessions with company boards to enhance their understanding of climate-related financial risk and opportunities and clarifying the implications for the business.
- Provide practical and feasible adaptation and resilience solutions and strategies and advice to clients on how to integrate climate risk and resilience into decision making.
- Conducting climate risk due diligence for private equity buyers and sellers, undertaken a high-level country assessment of the potential climate risk (both transition and physical risk) to the target business and its supply chain.
- Assisting clients and investment teams in structuring and developing sustainable finance instruments such as sustainability linked loans and transition finance tailored to clients business and climate commitments.
- Reporting climate performance in annual sustainability reports and CDP disclosures.
- Calculating corporate carbon footprints (scopes 1, 2 and 3 emissions), aligned to the GHG Protocol, developing Net Zero glide paths and submitting SBTi targets.
- Identifying technological and strategic GHG reduction opportunities in company operations and the value chain and integrating these into strategic roadmaps for climate action
Professional and Personal Attributes:
- Experience of performing climate transition risk analysis within a consultancy or similar client-facing environment.
- 2+ years consulting experience in a relevant work position, on topics such as climate strategies, climate risk analysis and management, financial accounting, GHG accounting and data management, internal carbon pricing, carbon credits and removals, climate target setting, transition planning.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement and analysis including materiality assessment, interviews, workshops, peer benchmarking and financial modelling
- Understands the fundamentals of why climate change is happening.
- Knowledge of financial auditing and regulatory frameworks including experience of GHG Protocol requirements, including Scope 3 value chain assessment techniques and methods
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A strong track record of scoping and delivering consulting solutions and services for a wide range of clients.
- Fluency in one or more European languages would be highly desirable for this position to support our expansion into the EU market.
Identifying and assessing risks and opportunities, financial quantification, risk management frameworks, Net Zero strategies, Preparing TCFD (CFD) disclosures, Feasible adaptation, resilience solutions and strategies, Reporting climate performance in annual sustainability reports and CDP disclosures, corporate carbon footprints and strategic GHG reduction and Consulting experience.