Welcome to KFC
Take one man with a big idea, add 11 herbs and spices, grit, ambition, and buckets of heart - you’ve got KFC.
Since 1939, we’ve been bringing finger lickin’ good chicken to the world, and today we’re proud to be in over 1000 communities across the UK & Ireland. But without our people, none of it would be possible. Just like our recipe, they’re all original.
Join us. Bring it. And together, we can be part of something truly extraordinary. Bringing it to the role.
We’re looking for a Restaurant Accountant to join our high performing Control team, reporting into the Finance Manager you will look after various aspects of planning and reporting on the performance of our company owned KFC restaurants. The role will partner a variety of stakeholders throughout the whole business and externally to ensure we are able to accurate plan, account and report spend across our Restaurant P&Ls.
This would ideally suit a studier or experienced accountant with a couple of years experience of entering journals and managing reconciliations across multiple different cost centres, budgeting and forecasting and providing analysis. What you’ll do
What we’d love from you About You
- Provide financial reporting and planning across Restaurant P&L lines, including utilities, repairs and IT costs
- Work with budget holders to ensure they have visibility of spend against budgets
- Periodic journals and reconciliations for the Restaurant P&L lines and associated balance sheets
- Support the Finance Manager with strategic projects and integration of new stores into our business
This is a role with lots of variety that will suit someone with general accounting experience including posting journals and reviewing costs vs budget. Ability to meet deadlines whilst producing high quality work and manage various stakeholders is a key part of this role. A positive can-do attitude and the ability to spot and investigate variances to plan are a key skill for this role.
- Accountancy experience (part-qualified or accountancy qualification studiers all welcome)
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders - understanding and managing their expectations.
- Shows a pro-active and “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work independently to tight time constraints.
- Strong IT skills - Excel (essential)
At KFC, everyone gets a seat at our table. Since we landed in the UK in 1965, we’ve fed our people’s potential - to be their best selves, make a difference and have fun.
Because it’s not just what you do at KFC. It’s the way you do it. Unapologetically you, undeniably original.
You’ll work with colleagues who all bring their originality to the table: their energy, spirit and sizzle and make every day high flyin’ and high fryin’.
As a multi-billion-pound business with over 1000 restaurants, we take ambition seriously. You’ll be treated with respect and supported in everything you do as you roll up your sleeves and play your part in bringing finger lickin’ good chicken to our customers. And whatever your journey looks like, we’ll help you get there. From flexible working to the chance to earn qualifications, we got you. There are all kinds of opportunities at KFC. Buckets of Benefits
A career with KFC offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. We reward achievement with amazing incentives and benefits, including:
- Flexible, hybrid working with our Restaurant Support Centre located in Woking, Surrey - a 24-minute train ride from London Waterloo. Depending on job requirement, travel across the UK & Ireland may be required.
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution.
- ‘Fri-Yay’ time - finish up at 1pm every Friday, all year round.
- Live Well Days - 5 days per year to disconnect from our day-to-day (in addition to 25 days annual leave and bank holidays).
- You can buy or sell up to 5 extra days of your core annual leave allowance each year.
- After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days.
- We work hard and do our best work to succeed together. When the company and individual goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our bonus scheme. Wellness
- We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes, including Telus Health, and 1:1 Mental Health coaching sessions with our partner Sanctus. Private healthcare
, including access to Digital GP, with the option to increase to include family cover.
Flexible and Voluntary benefits including Dental Insurance, Health Screening and Gym Discounts.
Our Commitment to You
- Insurances - All colleagues are covered by our life and income protection insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
- Study Support may be available for job-related qualifications.
- Parental Leave - We offer enhanced paid leave and flexible return to work options for those important times.
- Colleague Discount - If you love KFC as much as we do, you’ll received a 25% discount.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our teams. We value, support, and celebrate the things that make Team KFC authentic and original and all candidates - regardless of age, background, ethnicity, gender, ability, religion, or sexual orientation.
We welcome applications from underrepresented groups in our industry such as women, people with disabilities, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
To make your journey with us accessible and tailored to your needs, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like any additional support with your application, have a disability or condition that may affect your performance during your recruitment process, or any other requirements.Neurodiverse?
Our accessibility toolbar can support you when you apply. Ready to apply?
If you are ready to bring your passion, skills, and dedication to KFC, we encourage you to apply now. We look forward to welcoming you to our team and embarking on this extraordinary journey together. Bring it.
Don’t tick all the boxes? Don’t worry. If you don’t match all the criteria for the role and still think you’d be a great fit, we’d love to hear from you.