Accounts Assistant at WatchHouse.
In short: The Accounts Assistant at Watchhouse will play a crucial role in supporting the finance team. This includes completing daily tasks, keying in data, and compiling information for the Accounts Manager and Head of Finance. The position demands a balance of administrative skills, accounting knowledge, and an understanding of financial concepts. Additionally, familiarity with accounting terminology and systems is essential.
Directly reports to: Accounts Manager/Head of Finance
Direct reports, line manager of: Head of Finance
• Suppliers invoice processing, setting up payments and answering queries from internal and external sources.
• Bank and accounts reconciliations.
• Track and process employee and House expenses through Pleo and otherwise.
• Compile and organize financial data for reporting purposes.
• Online purchasing.
• Support the Accounts Manager and Head of Finance in various financial activities.
• Utilize administrative skills to manage documentation and correspondence related to financial matters.
• Collaborate with team members to maintain a smooth workflow within the finance department.
• Office management.
Key to this role:
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
• Knowledge of accounting terminology and financial concepts.
• Proficiency in accounting software (Netsuite knowledge is a strong advantage), stock management software, maintenance platforms, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Interest or qualification in finance/accounting.
• Possession of a can-do attitude.
• Enjoys taking initiative.
Working at WatchHouse
At WatchHouse, we are a people first business. We treat everyone with respect. We pride ourselves in creating an environment where diversity is celebrated, equality is insisted, and inclusion expected.
A company where we believe in having the right person in the role; and personality, individuality and uniqueness top the list of what we are looking for in applications and throughout our hiring process.
We also know that everyone is different, and we value and respect diversity, standing up for equality and standing against any form of discrimination.
Decisions about and the treatment of people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance, and behavior- these should be assessed against the WatchHouse job description requirements for each individual role.
We are always patient and considerate towards others. Encouraging, approachable and communicate brilliantly. We strive to be the best we can be, by giving and receiving regular and honest feedback in a professional manner.
We plan, prioritize and are mindful and respect the time of others. We complete every task to the best of our ability. Always happy to ask for help, work in cohesion with other people/departments and share successes.
We work to make WatchHouse an environment of trust and comradery, where others are inspired to play their part in working effectively together. Building strong relationships with others and demonstrating positive energy. We recognize and value the contribution of others across the business, working together to deliver the Modern Coffee experience to each and every person touched by our business.