At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds - an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent. Job Title:
This role will be supporting the Senior Finance Manager in ensuring the costs in the monthly management accounts are accurately recorded and reported within strict deadlines. This is a Central Finance role focusing on the Company Overheads.
Here you'll get to:
- Prepare and upload month end journals, including accruals, prepayments and recharges, to ensure that overheads are accounted for correctly.
- Undertake meaningful monthly variance analysis to assist management in understanding WMUK's cost base and drive efficiencies.
- Prepare detailed monthly balance sheet reconciliations and ensure any issues are resolved prior to the month end close.
- Provide the Finance Director with recommendations on how to improve the Company's overheads process.
- Business partner with budget holders to better understand their cost base and ensure the correct allocation of expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual overheads budget.
- Liaise with the auditors during the quarterly reviews, interim and annual audits.
- Prepare monthly cost of product journals and analysis.
- Prepare monthly obsolescence provisions and analysis.
- Assist the Finance Director in actualising the weekly cash-flows and forecasting cash-flows on a monthly basis.
- Review and approve monthly intercompany payments.
- Assist the Finance Director with an ad hoc requests.
- Previous overheads experience
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to work through problems logically.
- Diligent with excellent attention to detail. Initiative, drive and strength of character.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritise work in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Flexible attitude towards working hours around key Finance deadlines.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX - the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways - and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) - the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the "Apply" link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.