ASSET & WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, we provide clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As the firm's primary investment area, we provide investment and advisory services for some of the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors, and individuals, for which we oversee more than $2 trillion in assets under supervision. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. We are:
- Investors, spanning traditional and alternative markets offering products and services.
- Advisors, understanding our clients' priorities and poised to help provide investment advice and strategies that make sense for their portfolios.
- Thought Leaders, providing timely insights across macro and secular themes to help inform our clients' investment decisions.
- Innovators, using our suite of digital solutions to help our clients address complex challenges and meet their financial goals.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management Division is looking for a Lead Product Manager for Institutional Client Platform Strategy, you will shape the product vision and oversee the development, enhancement, and management of the client and portfolio servicing platforms that support complex institutional mandates with multiple asset classes and investment products across the global Asset Management business. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of asset management, software development processes, and a proven track record of successfully delivering and optimizing technology solutions within the financial industry.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential on the Product Management team:
- Develop the product vision and strategy, business plan, and product roadmap based on a deep understanding of business drivers, competition, and stakeholder needs.
- Responsible for driving the product lifecycle from concept to launch, ensuring the delivery of high-quality, user-centric software solutions.
- Collaborate with senior leadership and stakeholders to prioritize feature development and allocate resources effectively to achieve strategic objectives.
- Break down complex problems and processes into feature components that drive product development and platform extensibility.
- Define, document, and prioritize product requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria to guide the development process and ensure clear communication between stakeholders.
- Partner with a team of product managers to identify cross-product opportunities and to ensure all problems considered within the context of the target state product architecture.
- Design and monitor business metrics to establish a feedback loop informing strategic and prioritization-related decisions.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics related to product usage, adoption, and client satisfaction; use data insights to drive continuous improvement and iterate on product offerings.
- Influence senior leaders in decision making and investments in strategic programs.
You will be successful in this role if you have had proven experience with:
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams, from presenting conceptual ideas to execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization.
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, a self-starter with an ability to get in the weeds where necessary.
- Leading the definition of requirements and test cases for Engineering and QA.
- Ability to partner and drive results with third party vendors.
- Solving business solutions at scale with technology.
- Proven experience (8+ years) in software product management within the financial industry, specifically within asset management or related sectors.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree relevant fields is helpful
- Strong understanding of asset management, client and portfolio servicing platforms, investment strategies, and financial products.
- Experience with all stages of the development lifecycle: inception, analysis, design, review, testing, and deployment leveraging agile development methodologies and tools.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to make data-driven decisions and derive actionable insights from market and usage data.
- Proficiency in collaborating with technical teams, understanding software architecture, and translating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in leading and mentoring cross-functional teams, managing complex projects, and delivering software solutions on schedule and within budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience working directly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Experience that will help you thrive:
- Must have a client and product mindset with experience collaborating with key stakeholders to propose products and their associated features.
- Strong creative leader, self-motivated with analytical mindset who can multi-task to solve interesting and difficult technical problems under time pressure and with resource constraints.
- A demonstrated ability to rationalize ambiguous, open-ended problems and establish and communicate and plan for progression.
- Ensure systems can scale to handle increasing business volumes, optimize performance and throughput. Good understanding of distributed systems
- Scrum Product Owner responsibilities prioritizing the product backlog, using domain expertise, customer insights and market research to make informed trade-offs between new feature development, platform investment and optimizations.
- Be an advocate of best practices for system design and conformance to high standards for coding, testing, debugging and implementation.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity