Our Risk division develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program.
FINANCE RISK (FR)
Finance Risk is the independent risk management function responsible for overseeing the firm's accrual rates and liquidity risk. We work closely with Global Banking and Markets, Asset and Wealth Management and Platform Solutions, as well as the broader Risk organization to provide independent risk assessment and oversight of the firm's risk taking. Key functions include:
- Risk Oversight: Monitor, govern, and challenge Corporate Treasury execution activities, including accrual rates risk management, liability management, cash & collateral management, funds transfer pricing, balance sheet usage, liquidity and funding projections
- Risk Limit Governance: Setting risk appetite for Corporate Treasury, calibration of risk limits, sign-off on limits frameworks, and ongoing monitoring of limit utilization and remediation
- Analytics: Monitoring of key risk measures and assessment of business drivers
- Regulatory Stress Metrics, Liaison, & Advocacy: Calculation and disclosure of key regulatory stress metrics, guidance and rule interpretation, engagement with global regulators, and policy advocacy
- Governance & Reviews: Ongoing evaluation of compliance with key regulatory regimes, new activity impact assessments and approvals, engagement with key committees and governing bodies, and maintenance of key policies and procedures
- Active and ongoing engagement with Corporate Treasury to understand, monitor, and govern risk taking activities
- Direct engagement with Risk Leadership and global regulators regarding material risks, current risk exposures, and limits governance
- Develop in-depth understanding of the firm's interest income projections and capital sensitivity under different rates scenarios; identify and challenge qualitative assumptions
- Develop and implement governance frameworks and policies for controlling the firm's accrual rates risk
- Monitor changes in the firm's rates risk position and limit utilization
- Engage directly with Corporate Treasury and risk taking businesses to understand strategy, assess new activities, enforce limits, comply with regulatory requirements, and challenge proposals
- Engage periodically with regional regulators to explain the firm's risk posture, clarify rule interpretations, respond to analysis and data requests, and support advocacy discussions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 3-5 years of experience in banking or capital markets with exposure to rates risk management, preferably in Treasury or Treasury Oversight function
- Knowledge of interest rate risk metrics (Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book, Economic Value of Equity)
- Interest in financial markets and risk management, motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently, form own judgment/opinions, provide insights and drive change
- Proactive with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build relationships remotely
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity