Inclusion at Bumble Inc.
Bumble Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, people with disabilities, and neurodivergent people to apply. We're happy to make any reasonable adjustments that will help you feel more confident throughout the process, please don't hesitate to let us know how we can help.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an energetic and analytical tax professional to join Bumble as an Associate Tax Accountant. The Associate Tax Accountant will assist with the global income tax provision and compliance processes. The role will rely heavily on coordinating and collaborating across functions to enhance and improve financial systems and external reporting associated with income tax matters.
This role will be based in London, reporting to the Senior Tax Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist with Global US GAAP tax provision, tax reserves and related disclosures, including the preparation of calculations, workpapers and associated documentation. Participate in the development of tax strategy to support the company's growth and business initiatives.
- Stay abreast of tax law changes in the UK and in the key Non-US jurisdictions we operate to manage risk and identify potential planning opportunities.
- Assist with the direct tax compliance preparation and filing efforts of the company's UK and Non-US tax returns, as well as supporting the US Tax Team on the filing of the federal and state tax returns as required.
- Support the Group Finance team in preparing tax notes and reconciliations for the Non-US Annual Financial Statements.
- Support income tax audits and responses to tax notices and other similar correspondence from various government agencies.
- Support the team in preparing transfer pricing documentations, transfer pricing calculations, and tax accounting matters.
- Liaise with various external advisors across the globe to ensure Bumble remains compliant with local tax legislations.
- Perform research related to tax issues as they arise and document tax implications accordingly.
- Collaborate across corporate Finance, Legal, Treasury, People and Culture and other organisations with respect to tax strategies and projects impacting these functions.
- Assist as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required.
- 1 - 3 years of experience working in large scale public accounting or industry experience is a benefit but not required.
- Technical expertise with demonstrated experience resolving complex tax issues. You are detail oriented and have strong analytical skills.
- SAP B1 and OneSource Tax Provision experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent Excel skills strongly preferred.
- Part-qualified (CTA / ATT / ACA / ACCA) preferred, but not required.
- Solid workpaper documentation, time management, communication, and organisations skills and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces.
- Strong ability to communicate information and ideas both verbally and in a written document so others can easily comprehend.
- Knowledge of key accounting principles.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you communicate daily with world-class talent from our global teams including Finance, Legal, Treasury, People and Culture and other organisations.
- Experience working with a mix of in-house and outsourced resources.
Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Bumble, Badoo, Fruitz and Official. The Bumble platform enables people to build healthy and equitable relationships, through kind connections. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, Bumble was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center and connects people across dating (Bumble Date), friendship (Bumble BFF) and professional networking (Bumble Bizz). Badoo, which was founded in 2006, is one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Fruitz, founded in 2017, encourages open and honest communication of dating intentions through playful fruit metaphors. Official is an app for couples that promotes open and honest communication between partners and was founded in 2020.