Opening date 04-Jan-2024 Closing date 16-Feb-2024 Job description
We're the power behind the UK's forward-thinkers, future-makers and leap-takers, helping them ignite the bold ideas that reshape our world. We offer flexible banking solutions for start-ups, scale-ups, growth businesses, investors and those working towards IPO.
Whether it's comprehensive banking, managing cashflow, plans for buyouts or Strategic Fund Solutions, we power ideas at every stage of their journey. From the first-time founders to the funds that back them and everything in between. Here's to never standing still. We're proud to accelerate growth for tech and life science businesses, create meaningful connections and open a world of global opportunity for entrepreneurs and investors alike.
The Leveraged Finance team is responsible for structuring debt facilities for Private Equity-backed transactions focusing on cash flow leverage lending and utilising the Bank's differentiated approach of working with early stage Venture Capital-funded businesses and applying this to profitable, later stage businesses. The team focuses on the origination and execution of leveraged loans and encompasses sponsor relationship management and deal execution. The team is also responsible for handling the ongoing client relationship post execution, including the ongoing monitoring of management accounts and dealing with amendment requests.
As an associate on the team, you will benefit from a fast paced and stimulating environment in which to work. It is particularly suited to individuals seeking to develop and broaden their relationship management skills and credit assessment skills. Essential Functions
- Assist with the execution of waivers or amendment requests as well as more material follow-on debt transactions such as bolt-on acquisitions and refinancings.
- Assisting the Director/VP in the day-to-day credit responsibility for a portfolio of borrowing clients, reviewing each client's financial performance, ensuring timely receipt of management information, monitoring covenant compliance and maintaining relevant control systems;
- Report upon key portfolio trends and interact with the credit / risk function;
- Managing internal processes in support of the VP/Director;
- For follow-on deals, assist VP/Director in due diligence evaluation, financial modelling, deal structuring and presentation of credit risks and strengths in credit applications;
- Provide portfolio management support for the Fintech Warehouse team;
- Facilitate the booking process, and assure credit files align with HSBC's policies and procedures
- Assist with negotiation of loan documentation including LMA Facilities Agreement, security documenters and fees;
- Working with relevant internal teams to ensure that the portfolio adheres to HSBC's legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- Day-to-day relationship management of a portfolio of borrowing clients. Responsibility to include regular meetings with clients and proactively identifying and pursuing new business / cross selling opportunities with those clients to strengthen the relationship. This includes both follow-on debt and non-debt products;
- Building trusted partner relationships with clients, investors and key influencers in the business and tech communities;
- Represents HSBC Innovation Banking ('HINV'), promoting the brand and values.
- Loan maintenance activity - efficiently actions funding and repayment requests and queries from internal and external stakeholders relating to credit lines.
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior Associates/ADPers on process and policy as required.
- Participate in cross team collaboration projects around business and product development, strategic priorities and enhancing HINV values.
- Utilizes decision making and independent judgement in performing underwriting tasks and to support the management of portfolios.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Recommends actions based on analysis of client financial reporting
- Able to opine on and may be able to propose complete credit solutions and structures.
- Recommends loan structures and completes underwriting for credits with increasing levels of complexity, based on experience.