Do you want to take the next step in your procurement career?
The role reports into the Head of Procurement and forms an integral part of the overall Sopra Steria Procurement Team. The role will provide support to the Sector and Joint Venture Procurement Business Partner function.
With the support of Procurement Management, the role will work alongside the Procurement Business Partner to support a client Sector in managing third party supplier requirements, including but not limited to, new supplier assessment and onboarding, contractual negotiations and drafting, risk mitigation and delivery of cost savings against targets.
What you will be doing:
- Working with the Procurement Business Partner, support development of the Sector/JV procurement strategy, working practices, and promote procurements capabilities.
- Supporting the wider team to ensure Procurement is at the forefront and is leading activities for any new third party requirements.
- Help drive selection of suppliers through comprehensive sourcing processes utilising eSourcing, tools, etc where appropriate.
- Interrogate spend data to monitor suppliers and identify areas for re-negotiation, consolidation and savings identification
- Working with the Procurement Business Partner, ensure that existing procurement controls, policies and processes are adhered to by the business and develop new controls where needed and appropriate.
- Help identify supplier and procurement risk through all stages of a supplier engagement
- Support regular reviews of existing contracts with suppliers to ensure continued competitiveness and value for money is being achieved and to exploit price review clauses to their fullest extent.
What you'll bring:
- Experience of working in a Procurement or Category Management role.
- Experience of dealing with supplier negotiations on pricing and contractual terms in order to deliver savings, reduce risk and deliver commercial value
- Good working knowledge of contract terms,contracting processes and drafting.
- Good working knowledge of procurement process and practices, including, scoping, tendering, evaluation, selection and contracting.
- Able to demonstrate a good level of commercial awareness
- Experience of developing positive stakeholder relationships to promote and ensure adherence to procurement practices.
- A team player who is experienced working in a challenging and demanding environment
It would be great if you had:
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- MCIPS Diploma or equivalent / willingness to study for MCIPS Diploma desirable
- Effective communicator
- Self-disciplined and able to deliver whilst working flexibly
- Project Management or Change skills desirable.
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements.
So, if you're interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent Location:
Security Clearance Level: SC
Internal Recruiter: Alex Salary:
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the choice to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about Sector/Company?
We are a purpose driven digital transformation provider, creating innovative digital solutions to help clients drive their digital transformation projects and secure tangible and sustainable benefits. We harness the power of innovation to drive positive change in both business and society, delivering sustainable growth and services which make life better, from effective frontline citizen services, to digitising financial services, utilities, and delivering smarter roads.
We place people at the heart of everything we do and are committed to working with our customers, partners and suppliers to shape a better world and add real and lasting social value to the communities in which we work.
Together we are building a better future by delivering real and lasting value.
We are just at the start of what we can achieve together. Come and join us!