About Vantage Data Centers
Vantage is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another's experience.
Vantage Data Centers powers, cools, protects and connects the technology of the world's well-known hyperscalers, cloud providers and large enterprises. Developing and operating across North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific, Vantage has evolved data center design in innovative ways to deliver dramatic gains in reliability, efficiency and sustainability in flexible environments that can scale as quickly as the market demands.
Customer Experience and Lease Compliance Department
Vantage Operations is responsible for the overall health and wellbeing of all mechanical and electrical systems, building maintenance, customer service and performance of all data modules across all our properties. We build and maintain strong customer relationships through transparency of performance related metrics which prove our performance and inform our maintenance approaches.
As a part the Vantage Operations team, the Customer Experience and Lease Compliance function is responsible for managing all aspects of the customer relationships from the inception of the lease by ensuring that data modules are delivered, monitored and maintained per contracts; supporting customer requests and audit requests to prove compliance; providing customers with visibility to performance and maintenance of their data modules on a Customer Portal; tracking and reporting on Customer Service Level agreements (SLA); producing monthly customer electricity bills based on consumption; and generating regular reports, analytical insights and forecasting for Operations and Executive Leadership. To ensure superior delivery to our customers the Customer Experience and lease Compliance Department works closely with all Vantage departments to ensure customer success.
Vantage is looking for an ambitious, detail-oriented, hands-on Senior Manager, Billing & Reporting to oversee and streamline the utility billing and reporting process across all markets. You will lead the charge internally for us concerning the end-to- end utility billing process, making certain that monthly billing KPIs are met. You will own all utility billing verification and approval, reporting, compliance, capital calculations, capacity management, and expense-to-revenue variance analysis.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate the monthly utility billing review and approval process
- Ensure compliance to Vantage standards and Customer leases
- Develop monthly KPI dashboards
- Implement written policies and procedures that govern the utility billing process
- Support the design and implementation of a new billing engine
- Produce & manage capacity reports for each location
- Work with the energy & sustainability teams to ensure we operate as efficiently & effective as possible
- Oversee and streamline the utility billing process
- Implement written policies and procedures that govern the billing process functions
- Plan and implement quality assurance for all processes
- Assist with the implementation of a new billing system
- Develop and utilize financial and statistical reports and dashboards
- Create monthly KPI dashboards related to billing and Data Center PUE
- Produce capacity dashboards for each Vantage location
- Analyze programming changes to the customer utility billing statement templates
- Ensure Customer compliance
- Conduct the planning and status meetings for billing activities
- Verify the accuracy of monthly utility bills
- Interface with the Vantage Accounts Payable and Vantage Finance team regularly
- Attend project meetings for construction buildouts and expansions
- Track and report capital expenses
- Participate in internal and external audits of the utility billing process
- Interact with customers related to the utility billing process
- Work in Vantage tools to request, track, review, and approve billing
- Accounting, Finance, Business management or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years of experience in billing or accounting required
- Data Center experience is strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience with Power metering across a wide estate essential
- Ability to think critically, solve problems and drive efficiencies using metrics and information
- Skilled at problem solving, mathematics, and Microsoft Excel calculations
- Proficient with statistics, and other concepts for billing operations
- Experience in contracts management, request based ticketing systems, or graphical interface reporting software is a plus
- Responsive and flexible to succeed within a fast growing, collaborative, global team environment
- Successful candidate must be a team player able to work with a variety of people, across departments
- Travel required is expected to be less than 5%
We operate with No Ego and No Arrogance. We work to build each other up and support one another, appreciating each other's strengths and respecting each other's weaknesses. We find joy in our work and each other, actively seeking opportunities to inject fun into what we do. Our hard and efficient work is rewarded with an above market total compensation package. We offer a comprehensive suite of health and welfare, retirement, and paid leave benefits exceeding local expectations.
Throughout the year, the advantage of being part of the Vantage team is evident with an array of benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community.
Don't meet all the requirements? Please still apply if you think you are the right person for the position. We are always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
Vantage Data Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vantage Data Centers does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm agencies. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Vantage Data Centers.