At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
The Public Fixed Income Risk Team, part of the broader Investment Risk team, sits within the business' second line risk function, reporting independently to the CRO. Even though there is functional independence, the team is viewed as a trusted advisor for the investment teams. At its core, the team provides oversight of all public fixed income mandates, including:
- Ensuring that risk taking is consistent with the funds' stated objectives and strategy
- The funds maintain appropriate levels of liquidity and diversification.
- Provide risk based performance insights and analysis
In addition, an important and exciting part of the role is to work closely with and challenge teams across the firm including fund managers, Product, Investment Solutions, Sales and Distribution to help achieve the best possible outcomes for clients. Responsibilities:
- Designing and building insightful analysis on portfolios for discussion with fund managers across a range of products and investment strategies.
- Presenting risk analysis to internal committees, and other key stakeholders to flag issues for noting or of concern.
- Work with the performance teams to link risk analysis with fund performance.
- Participation in cross-departmental initiatives in order to foster greater collaboration with the wider investment risk team,
- Undertaking of independent research aimed at uncovering portfolio/market risk insights which can aid fund managers in improving the investment management process.
- Undertake ad hoc project analysis as necessary to support new product initiatives.
- Undertake ad hoc risk analysis as part of the fund management team dialogue and from Sales/Client interaction.
- Lead meetings with fund managers, providing appropriate challenge where necessary
- Analysing model portfolios at pre-launch stage for market and liquidity risk analysis.
- Provide oversight of liquidity at fund and strategy level
- Mentoring junior members of the team as well as sharing knowledge across the broader Investment Risk function
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 5 years'+ experience in a fixed income investment risk or similar role at an asset management house or other financial services organisation.
- Some experience working in an investment facing market risk role, other quantitative finance role or in a position through which the candidate has been able to gain a high-level understanding of fixed income portfolio management and fixed income risk models would be preferred.
- A good degree in a finance related or quantitative subject. CFA qualified or another relevant professional qualification desirable.
- Experience coding in R, Python, SQL and/or PowerBI would be strongly preferred.
- Experience with Aladdin desirable
- Good communication skills. Comfortable in communicating ideas and analysis at different levels.
- Experience dealing with large data-sets and strong quantitative numeracy highly desired.
- Keen interest in learning and applying new skills.
Experience Level: Manager / Expert
Recruiter: Helen Simons
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.