More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Indirect Tax Associate Director
(hybrid, flexible on location)
NEW GROUND WON'T BREAK ITSELF.
In recent years, there has been a domestic and global trend of governments shifting emphasis from direct to indirect taxation. Globally, while corporation tax rates have generally decreased, VAT rates have risen.
What's more, businesses now face complex VAT systems, case law, guidance and legislation. Companies need to comply with thorny VAT rules when entering new markets, stretching out globally or joining international supply chains. Meanwhile, liabilities, errors and assessments can also attract interest and penalties.
At Grant Thornton, we help our clients overcome these challenges and take control of indirect tax.
We're also always happy to talk about flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares - we'll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As an Associate Director in our Indirect (VAT) Tax team you will:
- Be responsible for the scoping, delivery and billing of client work. Delivering high quality technical advice, working with diverse range of clients from large corporates to not-for-profit bodies
- You will be required to be compliant with the firm's risk management processes for clients starting from initial take on to completion of assignments.
- Ensure that more junior staff are guided in researching and producing work that meets the firm's commitment to quality, whilst also support the Directors and Partners.
- Provide technical relevant advice on a range of Indirect Tax matters, supporting your decisions with appropriate knowledge of legislation, case law, and technical analysis.
- Produce technical work which requires minimal review and conveys key points to clients and stakeholders.
- Review the work of other members of the team.
Knowing you're right for us
Joining us as an Indirect Tax Associate Director the minimum criteria you'll need is experience of indirect / VAT Taxes, perhaps from an advisory or in-house environment. You'd probably also hold a relevant tax qualification (CTA / ATT). It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, we'll help you develop along the way.
- Experience of managing a large and varied portfolio of indirect / VAT tax clients.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and be able to demonstrate that you are able to forge long standing business relationships.
- Comfort when working as part of a mixed discipline team as taking the lead and driving forward a project to its conclusion.
- Experience of advising on complex technical indirect tax matters.
Knowing we're right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.