Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do, and we start by taking care of you, our valued colleague. A career at Sedgwick means experiencing our culture of caring. It means having flexibility and time for all the things that are important to you. It's an opportunity to do something meaningful, each and every day. It's having support for your mental, physical, financial and professional needs. It means sharpening your skills and growing your career. And it means working in an environment that celebrates diversity and is fair and inclusive.
A career at Sedgwick is where passion meets purpose to make a positive impact on the world through the people and organizations we serve. If you are someone who is driven to make a difference, who enjoys a challenge and above all, if you're someone who cares, there's a place for you here. Join us and contribute to Sedgwick being a great place to work.
Great Place to Work®
Top 100 Most Loved Workplace®
Forbes Best-in-State Employer
We currently have an opportunity for a Building Consultant to join our Subsidence Team, within our award-winning Subsidence Services Division. Based at home but working closely with other team members and service providers, you will take responsibility for managing a portfolio of domestic and commercial subsidence claims from notification to conclusion, dealing with diagnosis, mitigation and repairs. Our service is provided either using digital technology for remote from site diagnosis and meetings throughout the UK, or on-site face to face diagnosis and visits in your local area. Successful candidates should be comfortable operating with both services, although preferences will be considered, dependant on capacity requirements.
We have multiple opportunities on a per region basis as per the below:-
- Central South Coast (Dorset/ Hampshire/ West Sussex)
- North West (Yorkshire/ Durham/ Northumberland)
- North & West London + Home Counties (North or West London/ Hertfordshire/ Bedfordshire/ Buckinghamshire/ Berkshire/ Middlesex)
Many of our colleagues now benefit from working flexibly between the office and home, which helps support a healthy work/life balance. When you do spend time in our office, you'll experience bright and open surroundings which offer excellent areas for collaboration as well as desk space. It's an ideal environment for working alongside and interacting with fellow colleagues.
You will have/will be:
- Have obtained or working towards chartered building professional qualification, e.g. MCIOB, MRICS, MICE and ideally an insurance qualification, e.g. CILA or CII
- A detailed knowledge of structural defects affecting buildings
- An ability to diagnose the cause of Subsidence or others damage to domestic and commercial buildings
- An understanding of how to mitigate against Subsidence damage continuing
- An understanding and knowledge of repair techniques to damaged buildings and their drainage, particularly in respect of subsidence damage
- Experience of insurance claims handling would be advantageous, but is not essential as training will be given
- The ability to be decisive in resolving matters, an appreciation of the importance of delivering outstanding customer service, excellent communication and empathy skills
- A good working knowledge of IT, most Microsoft packages and Apple apps and ability to operate both Windows and Apple hardware devices
- A knowledge of CDM and Party wall legislation
- The ability to work in a home-based role but closely with a remote team of support staff and other colleagues, undertake visits as required, as well as managing and planning your own workload whilst delivering professional advice to both claimants and insurers
- A full UK Driving Licence
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Many of our vacancies offer the opportunity to work flexibly, whether from office and/or home
- Company car/car allowance
- Healthcare scheme
- A Self Invested Personal Pension Scheme
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Discounts on various products and services
- Employee assistance programme for employee wellbeing
- Life assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Voluntary benefits - dental cover, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, wellbeing and digital GP app
Working at Sedgwick
Our company is a place where creative and caring people of all backgrounds can be challenged, grow as individuals, and feel a higher purpose in the unique value they bring and the difference they make in the lives of others. We celebrate our differences; cultivating uniqueness and belonging allows us to connect with our consumers on a personal level, understand our clients' needs, support the communities in which we operate, and perform at our best.
We're passionate and understanding about our colleagues - so we have built flexibility into our colleague working model. If you wish to work from home, split your working time between the home and office or change your hours so you can collect your children or care for someone in your family, we're supportive of that. As a flexible employer, we're happy to discuss options that take into consideration your personal needs for this position during your interview.
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to: ID document verification, credit check, address verification, employment verification, employment gap verification, UK DBS, UK financial regulator search, anti-money laundering search, directorship search and global watch list check.
Sedgwick is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Sedgwick retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Caring counts
Sedgwick is a leading global provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Every day, in every time zone, the most well-known and respected organizations place their trust in us to help their employees regain health and productivity, guide their consumers through the claims process, protect their brand and minimize business interruptions. Our more than 30,000 colleagues across 80 countries embrace our shared purpose and values as they demonstrate what it means to work for an organization committed to doing the right thing - one where caring counts. Watch this video to learn more about us. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywxedjBGSfA)