VP role within Global Counterparty Credit Risk management will be responsible for supporting the team's counterparty primary credit coverage of hedge funds, family offices, and asset managers with secondary responsibilities supporting coverage of Banks and Broker Dealers. The role will be instrumental in assisting with ongoing management and growth of the Equities (PB/OTC Derivatives), Fixed Income (Repo/Reverse Repo) and OTC FX businesses. The position requires close interaction with Equity and Fixed Income businesses, Legal, Collateral Management, and other internal groups.
Hedge fund experience is essential for successful candidate.
- Perform customer due diligence and financial analysis
- Complete internal credit ratings models and counterparty credit reviews
- Set and communicate credit exposure appetite across trading products utilizing internal exposure methodologies
- Assist/oversee legal negotiations for traded products
- Review and approve trading activity, including recommending margin requirements
- Perform ongoing client financial, credit, and industry surveillance;
- Develop working relationships and coordinate efforts closely with internal front office partners and colleagues across Risk and other corporate functions;
- Maintain credit pipeline of potential new counterparties.
Required Background/ Skills:
- BA or equivalent, MBA preferred.
- Formal credit training preferred.
- Proficiency in financial statement analysis.
- 5-10 years of work experience in financial services required.
- Hedge Fund and Asset Manager Industry experience required.
- Financial and/or banking industry experience required.
- Experience with legal agreements including; PBAs, ISDA, MCAs, MRAs and MSLAs.
- Strong interest in client interaction and possess solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to perform well under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Strong Excel and modeling skills.
- MS Office Suite and Bloomberg proficiency.